Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

cobbles

gottago wrote: Thu 10 Dec, 2020 16.16 To be fair it did only get 5.6m.
Source?
gottago

The ratings I get at work.
cobbles

gottago wrote: Thu 10 Dec, 2020 17.29 The ratings I get at work.
This is the issue I have with people pulling ratings figures that have not been published anywhere up, there's strict rules about only posting ratings with a source at DS, then suddenly people start through ratings they get work wise etc up, it's banned yet some posters seem allowed to do it. Also surely if they were finalise ratings they'd be out like by normal?
gottago

cobbles wrote: Thu 10 Dec, 2020 17.54
This is the issue I have with people pulling ratings figures that have not been published anywhere up, there's strict rules about only posting ratings with a source at DS, then suddenly people start through ratings they get work wise etc up, it's banned yet some posters seem allowed to do it. Also surely if they were finalise ratings they'd be out like by normal?
I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence. 5.6m is the overnight rating.

People who have access to ratings used to post loads of them which upset Overnights.tv who publish the data and I believe they threatened DS with legal action. Any specific ratings that go up have to have a link with them to prove they've already been published elsewhere. The only other way to get around it is by posting "300k less than 2m" etc which has made the Ratings Thread look like it's full of riddles. "Sub 6m" is non specific and therefore allowed.
cobbles

gottago wrote: Thu 10 Dec, 2020 20.40
cobbles wrote: Thu 10 Dec, 2020 17.54
I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence. 5.6m is the overnight rating.

People who have access to ratings used to post loads of them which upset Overnights.tv who publish the data and I believe they threatened DS with legal action. Any specific ratings that go up have to have a link with them to prove they've already been published elsewhere. The only other way to get around it is by posting "300k less than 2m" etc which has made the Ratings Thread look like it's full of riddles. "Sub 6m" is non specific and therefore allowed.
Oh that makes a bit more sense, I always thought it was no ratings without sources (which is why I was foaming that people were posting them when the rest of us get told we can't (well did, I'm banned from their and TV Forum hence turning up here), but there's obviously some nuance.)

What I'm meant by final is these normally get posted elsewhere within 24 hours, yet none for last nights Corrie have been published on the likes of TVZone's so was wondering if they were still being processed. Meant final as in 'final overnights' rather than 7 dayers.

Looks like this won't even be the highest rated episode of this year then.
cobbles

Any catching the utter numpties in soap discussing how wonderful it is that Barbara Windsor has had a 'peaceful release' from Alzheimers following her death?

She was first diagnosed in 2014 and had to endure 6 years of the disease before passing away. Not should I'd be celebrating anybody having to go through that or their death so readily, especially in a supposed tribute thread.

Also had the obligatory chorus of 'greatest soap character ever' that gets trotted out whenever a remotely famous person dies. Is it really so hard to praise someone's life and work without elevating them to a pedestal they don't belong on?
Jonwo

The Coronavirus threads in General Discussion are definetly the worst threads on DS. It makes the politics forum look almost sane and that's saying a lot!
Andrew

More forum changes. DS have now today announced they are closing the General Discussion and Politics forums

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... spy-forum/
Martin Phillp

That should take some of the toxicity away from the forum, along with reducing the amount of moderation they have to do.

However, you're still going to get inane posts in the Broadcasting forum.
TVF's London Lite.
GhostFromTVF

Martin Phillp

GhostFromTVF wrote: Mon 03 May, 2021 09.04 Thread of the century: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... -presenter
Jonathan1990 has form for inane threads.
TVF's London Lite.