Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Alexia

Football has its own forum outside of Sport now too.
Martin Phillp

The DS double standards of moderation continues. I got a warning for....
Please note that when using Digital Spy you agree to our community guidelines of use. Paragraph 2.18 of these conditions requires that you do not post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.

A number of your recent remarks appear to be designed to bait and/or wind up another user. This violates the above condition of use and disrupts the flow of constructive discussion on our forums.
I made one post which included banal posts about the use of rotas, yet others continue and don't get their posts deleted.
TVF's London Lite.
Jason

Hassan13 is complaining about people complaining about tv shows they don't like. I thought he got banned?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
Martin Phillp

Jason wrote: Mon 30 Jan, 2017 15.05 Hassan13 is complaining about people complaining about tv shows they don't like. I thought he got banned?
He was probably allowed back on as part of the ban amnesty.
TVF's London Lite.
james2001

The DS racists are out in force yet again, I've just been called "terrorist supporting filth" for speaking out against it, and of course the mods aren't doing anything about it. It's as if they're happy for this sort of behaviour to go unchecked.

And the rather pathetic 5 person limit they now have on the ignore list means you can't even put most of them on it.
PresIdents

The thing is, I agree with quite a few things that some of the people you are referring to are saying but I find it absolutely amazing how some of them are sitting there saying that driving to London is somehow 'erratic'.
JAS84

james2001 wrote: Thu 23 Mar, 2017 13.50 The DS racists are out in force yet again, I've just been called "terrorist supporting filth" for speaking out against it, and of course the mods aren't doing anything about it. It's as if they're happy for this sort of behaviour to go unchecked.
I think they must need more moderators then.
james2001

So, as usual, it didn't take long after tonight's events for the Muslim bashing to start, again before we have any idea what's actually happened. And I've already been called an "islam apologist" (because, as you know, all muslims are terrorists and bad people). Jesus Christ.
Alexia

Horrendously extreme views are tolerated if they provide clicks and ad-revenue. This is why Twitter doesn't close down accounts, and why LBC employs Katie Hopkins.
james2001

Earlier today someone made a post saying we should feel sympathy for the muslims today who are going to be looked down on and blamed for this. And it got a double digit number of "laugh" reactions. In fact pretty much any post which has been shouting down islamaphobia has had a large number of laughs (and the large number of thumbs up on all the racist posts). Which tells you a lot about the sort of people who inhabit DS. And also why DS should get rid of the laugh icon (and god knows why they haven't, it's been abused ever since they took the sad face away enough- but we know how useless the mods there are).
all new Phil

I've been reading the Digitalspy forums a bit recently, particularly the politics one, and there is such a high level of nastiness right now, more so than at any point I've seen before. Brexit and the last election seem to have divided people to such a point that they can't even entertain the idea of debating with someone with an opposing view. It seems to come from all sides, it's not just a right or left or a leave or remain thing. Really personal attacks on people, and nothing in the way of moderation.

*POOR*