Digital Spy Watch News and Information Board

Mich

Gavin Scott wrote:Typical Simon Luxton - moans about too much sport and then moans at Sky for keeping it all away from his reach. Its not that he's "full of contradictions" so much as its just he's a bloody idiot.
He does add a little spice - he takes a subject and randomly applies one of his core views (ceefax good, Murdoch bad, Grange Hill good, sex bad...) and then sticks by it regardless of any later contradictions.

I'm sure there are plenty of other people that use the same techniques it is just that almost everyone of his core views is outdated/mad that it raises eyebrows. He strikes me as expressing the views of a child - you can imagine his parents relaying a sanitised version of the world to him; and then him never challenging it. Never having a teenage rebellion, or any outlet for challenging (and certainly not changing) his ideas - it shows in his debating style, very simple "i'm right" and anyone who disagrees is wrong, end of.

Very strange.
Nini
Banned

Figured it was common knowledge that Luxton is a bit backwards and developmentally challenged in the old noodle.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Nini wrote:Figured it was common knowledge that Luxton is a bit backwards and developmentally challenged in the old noodle.
There's no evidence to support that I have to say.

He doesn't demonstrate any lack of ability to express how wrong he is on any given subject.
Nini
Banned

Like I said, I only figure. I don't know if there is anything wrong, just if someone sticks to convictions so tightly that they'll still say something is a certain way when the opposite is true they're either very brave, ignorant or stupid. Not sure which he is.
Ebeneezer Scrooge

In a wrong off, would he be wronger than cdd?
Snarky
Sput

Yes, but they'd both be wrong. I've decided I'm going to help him by getting him off Digital Spy. That's no way to exist.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:Yes, but they'd both be wrong. I've decided I'm going to help him by getting him off Digital Spy. That's no way to exist.
That would be a blessing all round.

Might be the death of this thread, too.
Netizen

Yeah don't spoil the fun, sput. If he won't play with us anymore then at least we can taunt him from the fence of the other kids playground. And of course cdd would still be wrong, but Simon would totally outclass him at being a unfathomable plonker.
Sput

Perhaps he could come over here and we could have an intervention. We could set him weekly social tasks and reward him with Grange Hill memorabilia.

On that topic, I think I've figured out his distaste for the olympics: yesterday it was scheduled DIRECTLY OPPOSITE an episode of Grange Hill on BBC2. That'll be taking away the audience almost completely.
Knight knight
Lorns

Ebeneezer Scrooge wrote:In a wrong off, would he be wronger than cdd?
No cos you can't get wronger than a cdd, remember cdd made it official the other day. You can be as wrong as but not wronger. Although Si Lux is a different level of wrongness altogether.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Netizen

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=631225
YouTube is the bane of our life on the Ark. People are not just stealing our clips but are directly uploading their own material instead of letting us have it so we can present it in better quality RealMedia. In particular, while the amount of archive BBC/ITV Schools material has flourished on YouTube, we've found it difficult to locate additional footage for our archives.
ROFL.