Six degrees of Metro-separation

tvmercia

i know the six degrees thing is rather passé and last year - but i am entitled to scrape the topic barrel every now and then!

seeing as most of us have been part of the tvf-family for nearly 8 years, how many people have taken the plunge and met fellow tvforumers in the real world? i have met about a dozen tv forumers (some unwittingly) and a few of them are obscure usernames who most wouldn't recognise.

it'd be interesting to know how many of the familiar faces on here have met up with their fellow geeks .... so go on then, spill the beans!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Just tomservo and Mr Schiller if memory serves.

EDIT: Although I have had a couple of people track down my work number and begin a discussion with, "Are you Gavin Scott from TVForum?".
Sput

I met mrtoms in San Diego, the meaning of which was lost centuries ago.
Knight knight
tvmercia

Gavin Scott wrote:Just tomservo and Mr Schiller if memory serves.

EDIT: Although I have had a couple of people track down my work number and begin a discussion with, "Are you Gavin Scott from TVForum?".
that does surprise me - i had you down as the type who would have met a fair few.

perhaps i have unwittingly outed myself as a metro-whore. where's ison when you need him - i know he's met everyone and anyone!
Sput

I might have seen ison on a train once, I saw a familiar quiff and he was on a similarly bound train at the time.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

tvmercia wrote:

that does surprise me - i had you down as the type who would have met a fair few.

perhaps i have unwittingly outed myself as a metro-whore. where's ison when you need him - i know he's met everyone and anyone!
I've met people who read, but core members have eluded me. I'd like to meet you. Perhaps you give off an enchanting musk in your posts.
Sput

He has one of those paedophile keyboards that release chemicals to make you more suggestible.
Knight knight
Pete

I feel this is the best thread to point out that you, Gavin, promised me a coffee about a year ago.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
tvmercia

Gavin Scott wrote:
tvmercia wrote:

I've met people who read, but core members have eluded me. I'd like to meet you. Perhaps you give off an enchanting musk in your posts.
oh that's just the aroma of deep heat and werther's original, irresistible!
Gavin Scott
Admin

Hymagumba wrote:I feel this is the best thread to point out that you, Gavin, promised me a coffee about a year ago.
Lordy so I did. That voucher is good for ages yet.
Nick Harvey
God

I've met quite a few members, best part of a dozen I think, but the meetings probably don't count.

I mean that in the sense that the meetings have always been for reasons completely separate from TVF or Metropol, the membership simply being an accidental side-issue.