Fave day off.

Lorns

Mine is Sundays. Flopping around in bed with no intention of getting out my pit except for going to kitchen for homemade chick soup ( from free range chooks) Chick sarnies and quaffing the red stuff while watching Bond.. James Bond. Connery is the bestest ever Bond. What do you lot do to relax on your days off.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Gavin Scott
Admin

Currently dumping dozens of binbags of accumulated clutter and bits of old AV and PC equipment to allow for a valuation on the property tomorrow. My landlady is shifting her mortgage and as there hasn't been any kind of inspection for 6+ years they're insisting they get a viewing.

I'm tired. Haven't even started on the bedroom yet and there's not even enough room for my clothes on top of the wardrobe never mind in it. I had an old cooker in there behind the bedroom door for the best part of a year, as I couldn't persuade my best mate to help me lift it downstairs. I didn't take no for an answer on Friday night, so that's now out in the street and I have a place to put the tumble drier.

I'll have to ring the council in the morning to get the stuff uplifted. I know I shouldn't have put it out before I call them but I didn't have a lot of choice. I probably need to make special arrangements for the computer equipment, but knowing the kids in the area I'll only have to put it out overnight and it will get nicked.

Good luck to them. If I can't get it working, they won't be able to either. And I removed anything of value before I started.

Not much of a relaxing weekend for me, then.
Lorns

Should hire a skip for that sort of de-cluttering.
My Garden needs sorting out soon. Gonna call council and for 20 quid they'll shift as much crap as they can in 15 mins. The next job is loft and that will be a big skip jobby.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Gavin Scott
Admin

miss hellfire wrote: The next job is loft and that will be a big skip jobby.
Blimey, that would make your eyes water. Eat more fruit.
Lorns

Don't talk to me about more fruit in my diet. I thought i'd go on a bit of a health kick. I was having Ryvita with peanut butter and mashed banana to munch throughout the day at work. It gives you terrible flatulence.
Sput

So less Hellfire, more rapidfire?
Knight knight
rts

This is very miserable of me, but as soon as I wake up on Sunday I think, bugger, last lie in until the next weekend! Although I make up for it with a good paper, fine wine, a pleasant meal, and conking out in front of a shit movie. I'm about half-way through this procedure now.

Friday, cliched maybe, is good for me. The weekend nearly upon us, everyone knows it, and working enjoyably through the day knowing I'm going to have a relaxing/messy night with friends later, with the prospect of a lovely lie in the next day, does it for me.
Pete

on the subject of clearouts, myself and Mr Hyma have now reached the point where we are ready to hire a skip for the large pile of rubbish that is sitting in his back garden since we started to clear out his house and do it up last march (after i decided that him moaning about the ugly shed was pointless and so whacked the thing with a spade until it fell down.)

Having cleared out bag after bag of rubbish (50 wheelie bin liners from his mother's built-in wardrobe alone) and having had three "6 items for £7" collections from the council we now are stuck with a mound of earth, rubble, and general bits of tat, old furniture and clutter which I have no intention of trying to take to the dump in my car. Therefore skip it is.

It's truly frightening just how much clutter can appear yet once you clear it out it doesn't seem to re appear. Personally this week my wheelie bin has two bin liners (20 litre small ones) and two tesco bags of rubbish in it. And that is it. *PROUD*
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rob

Sunday is my favourite day off. Nice long lie-in (provided the guy living upstairs isn't shagging his missus), go to the pub at lunchtime for a pint, go home, have dinner, back to pub to watch football, play super league darts, then off to bed around 11pm.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
cwathen

My favourite day off is wherever I get two consecutive days off together.

I don't work the usual Monday-Friday grind with the usual Saturday and Sunday off.

Instead I usually get Wednesdays and Sundays so I never have two consecutive days off together. Some people claim this is better as it 'breaks the week up', I find it very draining and very limiting in what you can do.

However, sometimes I work a Sunday and get two consecutive days during the week. And that is great - having a lie-in just in time to get up to go to the pub whilst everyone else is at work - kindof my payback for having to bow out early on the Friday night pissup as I have work on Saturday.
Alexia

cwathen wrote:My favourite day off is wherever I get two consecutive days off together. I don't work the usual Monday-Friday grind with the usual Saturday and Sunday off.
Know the feeling. This week I have Wednesday and Thursday off (after my week-long sojourn ended today) so I have two days in, two days off, three days in... joyous...

This weekend I went over the pub Friday (no karaoke this week sadly), then on Saturday I tidied my missus' bedroom and kitchen in her shared house, then we all went to China China Chinese buffet in town.. not bad, as much Chinese as you can eat for £10, with a Rose for an extra £12.

Sunday was a relaxed affair, we went to Dunelm to look for a mat, then Next, then Brantano. After picking up essential munchies in Tesco we then went to the panto in Cardiff, before rounding off the evening with a chicken korma and Phantom of the Opera on C4.

I can't get the music of the night out of me head now.