I Can Charge You Double From Today

all new Phil

rts wrote:If you want expensive beer, go to Norway.
OK I'll go and book my flight.

Reykjavik is verrrrry expensive for drink (and pretty much anything really). I bought a pint of Grolsch for myself and a Vodka and lemonade for the other half and it came to about a tenner. A 3 course meal for 2, including wine, came to just short of £100 as well.
Sput

Jamez wrote: some shitty dive in a covent garden back street.
It's still London! It's not their fault you have awful taste in pubs :)
Knight knight
Stuart*
Banned

all new Phil wrote:Reykjavik is verrrrry expensive for drink (and pretty much anything really). I bought a pint of Grolsch for myself and a Vodka and lemonade for the other half and it came to about a tenner. A 3 course meal for 2, including wine, came to just short of £100 as well.
That'll teach you to shop in Iceland! You should've gone dutch!
;)
User removed
Sput

StuartPlymouth wrote:
all new Phil wrote:Reykjavik is verrrrry expensive for drink (and pretty much anything really). I bought a pint of Grolsch for myself and a Vodka and lemonade for the other half and it came to about a tenner. A 3 course meal for 2, including wine, came to just short of £100 as well.
That'll teach you to shop in Iceland! You should've gone dutch!
;)
Ah, the Dutch. They really are making that language up as they go along.
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:Ah, the Dutch. They really are making that language up as they go along.
Cheeky monkey. We Dutch have a fine language.
Sput

Gavin Scott wrote:
Sput wrote:Ah, the Dutch. They really are making that language up as they go along.
But Smirnoff isn't from the Netherlands, is it?
Knight knight
Gavin Scott
Admin

Sput wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:
But Smirnoff isn't from the Netherlands, is it?
That's where the decendants ended up. You obviously missed the class about the Revolution.
Stuart*
Banned

Gavin Scott wrote:
Sput wrote:But Smirnoff isn't from the Netherlands, is it?
That's where the decendants ended up. You obviously missed the class about the Revolution.
It's interesting to note that 75% of Vodka produced in the UK actually comes from Scotland!
70% of which probably never makes it out of Scotland and can be found in Mr Scott's residence! ;)
User removed
Gavin Scott
Admin

StuartPlymouth wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:
Sput wrote:But Smirnoff isn't from the Netherlands, is it?
It's interesting to note that 75% of Vodka produced in the UK actually comes from Scotland!
70% of which probably never makes it out of Scotland and can be found in Mr Scott's residence! ;)
Diageo in Leven bottle it. Its not technically produced here, but I can't really talk about it.
GNiel

Jamez wrote:
rts wrote:Which pub was it?

It's not uncommon to see shifty looking people crack open a can under the table and discreetly decanter it into their pint glass.

That or go to Wetherspoons.
I think it was the punch and judy near Leicester square.

Whatever it was, it was a bit of a shit hole with grumpy bar staff.
Oh, a terrible place.

Still, I can't complain too much, as my wage is tied to the NMW (it's NMW times whatever), so I got a nice healthy rise on Monday. However, I will lose the benefit of that by buying a pint of milk every day.
Alexia

I have just started a nice new night shift job at a five star hotel and it's fantastic. Quiet, calm, simple routines and all the coffee I can drink. Sleeping patterns have just started to adjust nicely too.

Biggest change - I am earning now as much in a week as I earned in two-and-a-half weeks in my last job, and getting paid weekly as opposed to four weekly.

Can't moan really. Anyone else moved from day work to night work? How did you adjust?