Laptop help!

nidave

One of the hard Disks connected via a RAID controler on my Laptop has failed and I am having problems using the system with just one. I have been able to install Windows XP by creating my own windows instalation using the drivers from Support / Rock - Xtreme Ti (ATA 1.00.0.29 RAID 1.0.1.37) - If i use the laptop with RAID configured in the BIOS after installing XP the system goes into a loop of rebooting without showing any messages. If I set the BIOS to ATA the install works and again crashes when loading XP - this time I get the Blue screen of death -
STOP: 0X0000007B (0xF78a2528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000)
Doing a google search this suggests its not happy with the drivers of the controler. Can anyone help - am I choosing the right driver? Is it because I am only using one Hard Disk?
Neil Jones

nidave wrote:One of the hard Disks connected via a RAID controler on my Laptop has failed and I am having problems using the system with just one. I have been able to install Windows XP by creating my own windows instalation using the drivers from Support / Rock - Xtreme Ti (ATA 1.00.0.29 RAID 1.0.1.37) - If i use the laptop with RAID configured in the BIOS after installing XP the system goes into a loop of rebooting without showing any messages. If I set the BIOS to ATA the install works and again crashes when loading XP - this time I get the Blue screen of death -
STOP: 0X0000007B (0xF78a2528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000)
Doing a google search this suggests its not happy with the drivers of the controler. Can anyone help - am I choosing the right driver? Is it because I am only using one Hard Disk?
Depending on the type of RAID you have set up you may not be able to use it with more than one drive.
If you only have one drive, you don't need a RAID array anyway, just use it as IDE.

A Stop 0x7b error is usually caused by a wrong driver but it can also be caused by a fault with the hard drive. If you had a RAID array set up before and one drive has failed, it usually follows that the other one isn't too far behind.
nidave

I logged a support ticket with Rock - Luckly its still under warrinty - they are collecting it this week and fixing it for free - I have managed to format the drives a few times so they wont see my rude pictures.
Gavin Scott
Admin

nidave wrote:I logged a support ticket with Rock - Luckly its still under warrinty - they are collecting it this week and fixing it for free - I have managed to format the drives a few times so they wont see my rude pictures.
Nothing short of a nail through the drive will do that.

In the event of my untimely death a friend has a set of my keys, a hammer and some 4" nails.
Sput

Gavin Scott wrote:
nidave wrote:I logged a support ticket with Rock - Luckly its still under warrinty - they are collecting it this week and fixing it for free - I have managed to format the drives a few times so they wont see my rude pictures.

In the event of my untimely death a friend has a set of my keys, a hammer and some 4" nails.
So he can nail you into a box so your zombie won't kill people?
Knight knight
cdd

Gavin Scott wrote:

Couldn't data stored between where the nail was inserted be recovered?
Gavin Scott
Admin

cdd wrote:
Gavin Scott wrote:

Couldn't data stored between where the nail was inserted be recovered?
No, parity is disrupted. Not that I know anything about such things.

He also has an elecromagnet to wipe my video tapes and, er, zombie brain.
Stuart*
Banned

Gavin Scott wrote: er, zombie brain.
Is that available to buy. I'd like to get one for Lorna Hellfire for her birthday.

PS: Ms Hellfire is currently unavailable for comment owing to a slight discombobulation with a certain keyboard. Abnormal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
User removed