Which hospital A&E departments have you visited?

B.E. El-Zebub

The question came to mind as I waited 2 and a half hours to be seen at Ipswich Hospital A&E last night.

I think for me the answer is
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Broomfield Hospital Chelmsford
Ipswich Hospital
Guy's Hospital (before the A&E closed)
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod
rob

North Hampshire Hospital - Basingstoke.

Been there several times - as a patient and a visitor.
Ronnie Rowlands

Llandudno Hospital and Bangor Hospital.

We have excellent healthcare.

*patient walks into hospital with minor but continuous nose-bleed*
*stays in hospital for a while*
*gets carried out of hospital having died from MRSA*
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Stuart*
Banned

Well I've visited A&E at Derriford Hospital (Plymouth) before now. It has recently been renamed simply the "Emergency Department" possibly on the basis that most "accidents" (such as picking up MRSA) don't happen until after you've arrived.

I must say the service I received on both ocassions was very fast and professional. On my second visit (for broken ribs) I was wheeled off for an X-Ray within moments and by the time I'd got back to my A&E cubicle the Doctor had already examined said X-Ray on his PC.

I have also been very impressed recently by the new booking service to see a consultant. Instead of waiting months for a letter from the hospital after seeing my GP, I was sent a password with instructions of how to log-in the the NHS website and book a time/day of my choosing. This all happened within a matter of days. OK the appointment is still a couple of months away, but at least you feel as though you have achieved something in response to your request alot faster than you did before.
User removed
jrothwell97

Ronnie Rowlands wrote:Llandudno Hospital and Bangor Hospital.

We have excellent healthcare.

*patient walks into hospital with minor but continuous nose-bleed*
*stays in hospital for a while*
*gets carried out of hospital having died from MRSA*
It's worse in England.

*patient walks into hospital*
*patient waits 7 hours for X-ray and another 3 hours for it to develop*
*patient leaves hospital, having gathered dust, contracted MRSA and had their property reposessed by bailiffs because of a CCJ against the unpaid parking fees and phone bill*

I think ending up as an MRSA-infected tramp is worse than being killed by it - at least it'd be more dignified.

(Frimley Park, before you ask, which is better than most)
Nick Harvey wrote: If I was one of those people who regularly changed my signature™, I think I'd use that quote in it for a while.
Lorns

Buckland Hospital Dover and William Harvey Ashford.
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Nick Harvey
God

jrothwell97 wrote:Frimley Park, before you ask
Heaven help you.

So, for MRSA read Foot and Mouth.

Oh, and before you ask, far too many to list. The first couple were even before the NHS was invented; THEN the service WAS good.
Lorns

Nick Harvey wrote:
Oh, and before you ask, far too many to list. The first couple were even before the NHS was invented; THEN the service WAS good.

Those were the days you were allowed to pinch the nurses bottoms were they?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
tvmercia

i know metropol is known and loved for its inane topics- but surely this is scraping the barrel. whatever next ...
which post boxes have you used?
Jovis

I remember I went into a new 'walk-in' centre at my local hospital once. It's designed to reduce queues, by providing fast service. I asked how long the wait for my minor reply would be. 'Two hours', I was told. I haven't been back since.
Col

I was admitted to the A&E department of York Hospital about a year ago during the middle of the night following an asthma attack (and not having any inhalers to control my breathing) - me and my partner got there at around 6am and the waiting area was empty, so I got seen straight away!