The Asda Thread

Square Eyes

Is shopping at Asda socially acceptable ?

It has been suggested to me that it may not be. I mean, do you really think you'd get the Hansons shopping in there ?
Sput

Square Eyes wrote:Is shopping at Asda socially acceptable ?

It has been suggested to me that it may not be. I mean, do you really think you'd get the Hansons shopping in there ?
I always pictured them shopping at Waitrose, after all, Darkies make some of the food in asda.
Knight knight
jrothwell97

Square Eyes wrote:It has been suggested to me that it may not be. I mean, do you really think you'd get the Hansons shopping in there ?
I'd reckon they'd be shopping at Tescos because that's the one with the most serifs in its logo.
Nick Harvey wrote: If I was one of those people who regularly changed my signature™, I think I'd use that quote in it for a while.
Ronnie Rowlands

I reckon George at asda. 'tis the only shop for a gentleman.
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Nick Harvey
God

The Hansons have a bit of a problem in their neck of the woods.

No Asdas in the area, but that huge Walmart, next to the Vodafone exchange up on the Almondsbury interchange.

Even if they were to consider lowering themselves to venture into an Asda, I shouldn't think they'd ever set foot in Walmart.
Stuart*
Banned

There is an almost unmentionable ASDA-Walmart close to here in Plymouth. Most people avoid it because the regular customers are of the like Jamez described in a previous thread.

That may sound pompous and rude, but actually I found the people offensive. I didn't shop there again for that reason.
User removed
Spencer For Hire

I was put off shopping at Asda when I walked past the pharmacy counter and overheard someone kicking off about how they'd run out of Methodone. You do get some seriously rough people shopping there.

I also hate how each store feels like a huge, gloomy warehouse. I know it's part of their policy not to have a suspended ceiling to save money. But I can't believe in the great scale of things, adding one to each of their stores would put much of a dent in Walmart's profits.
cdd

Spencer For Hire wrote:...not to have a suspended ceiling to save money
Oh, I actually have a personal hatred for suspended ceilings - well, those small premanufactured panelly things. Most of the time they look hideous, with some horrid texture - but even without that, they're just nasty.
james2001

I'm not sure at all where this idea that Asda is a "chav shop" comes from. We shop in Asda, as do most people we know, none of which I could describe as chavs, or remotely "rough". Neither are most of the people I see shopping in there.
Spencer For Hire

I'd guess you must live in a posh area, or else you've just got lots of Netto/Lidl/Aldi's where the chavs go instead.
Stuart*
Banned

I am a Sainsburys or Tesco "on-line" shopper. But I don't criticise the Aldi frequenter. They actually have some good quality foods in there. Their £2.00 Lasagne is a bargain, and foreign branded ice cream is better than anything I can get from Sainsburys or Tesco.
User removed