Another High Street Rebrand

all new Phil

I really want it to do well. I do. But I just don’t know.
cdd

So they’re reviving the unprofitable part of the business, but not the profitable bit. I don’t see it working out well. TA margins are wafer thin these days, especially for airlines.
Ben

I was a bit surprised to see them reopen my local branch as there has been an existing Hays nearby for years.
JAS84

There must be quite a few places with two Hays near each other now. Maybe they'll close some and redeploy staff later on? They must've simply taken over the existing leases when they bought the store portfolio. They had no time to renegotiate them.
Pete

thegeek wrote: Fri 25 Jan, 2019 19.40
It's taken the full year but we now seem to be in the position where only the mysterious Just Right remains in the older packaging
"He has to be larger than bacon"
bilky asko

Pete wrote: Mon 11 Nov, 2019 07.42
thegeek wrote: Fri 25 Jan, 2019 19.40
It's taken the full year but we now seem to be in the position where only the mysterious Just Right remains in the older packaging
I always wondered why their most expensive cereal had the cheapest looking box design.
gottago

I went past the Coral betting shop on Warren St in London this morning which is reopening soon after refurbishment and interestingly it looks like it might also be a coffee shop. It was full of plush sofas and nice interiors. An interesting attempt at getting a different demographic to begin crippling gambling addictions.

Coincidently this is diagonally opposite (ish) what will soon be Central London's first Lidl.
Hermes

New look Virgin Money in Manchester
woah

The former B Works unit. It looks like B customers are the first to transition to Virgin Money, which is really just a re-branded version of B anyway and seems to be using the existing Yorkshire/Clydesdale Bank infrastructure in favour of the Virgin one, presumably because the old Virgin current account was fairly rubbish and didn't have up to date features like Google Pay/Apple Pay and such.

Oddly though they're now pointing Yorkshire/Clydesdale customers to Virgin Money for credit cards which uses a totally different platform and (rubbish) app and have no support at all for Google Pay. Virgin Money is already a bit all over the place with different platforms for savings, credit cards, and mortgages and oddly limited support for some things in their stores (like paying off credit cards with debit cards) and I imagine rolling Yorkshire/Clydesdale branches into that whole thing is going to make things very confusing.

Likewise the fact that there will be two different Virgin Money apps that only support some of the accounts you can hold with them.
JAS84

I think that outdated app is probably a stopgap, the website promises a new one.
https://www.youandb.co.uk/
We’ll update things gradually, like a new card design and app,
DavidTRex

Not quite high street - but Stagecoach are doing an evolution of the beach ball logo and new liveries.
Its starting to be rolled out this year

If you look, they have changed the colours on the beach ball - and I know how poorly its been done in the pic, I have read that its real.