Another High Street Rebrand

Anonymous

Has anyone seen the new Morrisons logo? Personally I prefer the old one, the old M looked much more powerful.

A bit silly changing it now. Why didn't they change it a couple of years ago when they took over Safeway and refurbished the ex-Safeway stores to Morrisons? That way the refits would have been with the new logo then, and they could thus have gone on to redo the traditional Morrisons stores. Now after they've redone the ex-Safeway stores with the outgoing Morrisons logo and signage, I presume they'll now have to redo all the ex-Safeway Morrisons stores AGAIN (within two to three years of changing them from Safeway), in addition to the traditional Morrisons stores. Refitting stores costs money.
Finn

Tumble Tower wrote:Refitting stores costs money.
And there was me thinking shop fittings grew on trees...
Anonymous

Nick Harvey wrote:
Tumble Tower wrote:Has anyone seen the new Morrisons logo?
YES. All the people who've contribulted to the existing fifteen page thread. Are you blind as well as stupid?
Sorry :oops: I just didn't notice the said Morrisons thread. It's not a matter of being blind or just plain lazy. I hate being called blind or stupid. I just happened to be browsing this "Another High Street Rebrand" thread which talks about rebrands at several different retail chains (Argos, M&S, Sainsbury etc.) and I quite innocently decided to add a post about Morrisons, thinking it belonged in with other shop rebrands. These things happen.
Stuart*
Banned

Tumble Tower wrote:I hate being called blind or stupid.
Since you aren't one I don't know where to start to tell you the truth with the other!
User removed
Spencer For Hire

I think it would be a great idea for all retail outlets to rebrand using a series of short codes instead of their full names.
Finn

Spencer For Hire wrote:I think it would be a great idea for all retail outlets to rebrand using a series of short codes instead of their full names.
Yes.

'Associated Dairies' could use the code AsDa.

'Marks & Spencer' could use the code M&S.

I hate to think what 'Lidl' is a code for.

;)
james2001

Not just the shops but the products too-

Coca Cola would be CC1
Diet Coke CC2
Cherry Coke CC3
Coke Zero CC4
Caffeine Free Diet Coke CC5
etc.
Nick Harvey
God

I like Neil's idea.

Fabrico Internationalo Automotivo Turino could be Fiat.
Lorns

Nick Harvey wrote:I like Neil's idea.

Fabrico Internationalo Automotivo Turino could be Fiat.
FIAT is an abbreviation of.. Fucking Italian After Thought.
and
LOTUS is an abbreviation of.. Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
Anonymous

Mum keeps calling Pets at home, Petsmart. So out of curiosity what did my favourite toyshop once look like, i'm too young to remember the changeover. i'm allowed in pets at home, they have fishes and wabbits and Hamsters to play with its the human equivalent of Folkestones seafood stalls on a Sunday morning. Not my kind of place, too much water.