Another High Street Rebrand

Critique

What's the average size of an HMV these days? In Ipswich, they've just announced they're moving from their current store on the high street into the shopping centre just opposite, and they're seriously downsizing as a result. They have three floors in their existing building, and whilst they're combining two units in the shopping centre, even then I would say their new store will be slightly smaller than the ground floor of the existing store. They're also leaving a gap of around a month and a half between closing the old store and opening the new one - it's almost like they want to lose all their customers!

Oddly, Superdrug have been announced as the new tenant of HMV's building - I can only imagine that there's going to be a heck of a lot of empty space, and that the upper floors will cease to be used!
gottago

Liverpool’s large 2 floor HMV will also be moving to a much smaller unit, must be happening at quite a few locations.
Pete

The one I most recently experienced was Canterbury and that was surprisingly small. Like a WHSmith size.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
ph2o

HSBC released a new campaign yesterday (on New Year's Day) together with what seems like their new logo. The pictures are taken from their new advert.

New logo -

New logo on shop front -

New logo on cards -

Not too keen on that font, but love the advert.
Philip

Brilliant, just as they've changed the signage on the branches to 'HSBC UK' with the old serif font!
WillPS

Topshop rebrand. Not much to get excited about.
bilky asko

WillPS wrote: Fri 05 Jan, 2018 16.24 Image

Which one's the before and which is the after?
cyberdude

bilky asko wrote: Fri 05 Jan, 2018 16.31
WillPS wrote: Fri 05 Jan, 2018 16.24 Image

Which one's the before and which is the after?
Top - new
Bottom - old

New one's nicer IMO. Gonna wait and see whether they rebrand my local store.
WillPS

Dunno.
scottishtv

Pete wrote: Sun 30 Mar, 2014 15.06This seems to be a thing with architect drawings of shopping centres, blatantly using a logo but altering it slightly. It does increase the realism significantly. One of Dundee's shopping centres is planning a revamp and its plans included a sign for "Waganoodle" amongst others
Ah, finally found this post. A recent planning application for more retail units at Straiton near Edinburgh, has treated us to: Coffee Hero, Fred Barker, Top Stuff, Woodland and J&N amongst others.

Presumably the colourful logos and windows full of goods are there to distract the councillors from the fact they're approving another row of boxy retail units at this site... and an application that seems a bit crapper than the first version too.
all new Phil

That’s the biggest branch of Coffee Hero I’ve ever seen!