Another High Street Rebrand

Whataday

Perhaps this should be split into a Cinema Memories thread? Thinking about it, how this forum has gone without one for so long is anyone's business.
WillPS

Nottingham was an ABC, then Cannon, then ABC again too.

First cinema I ever visited, to see Casper. My main memories are my Dad telling me how poor the sound quality was and how empty the place was. When we got home my Dad realised it was supposed to be my first day of Infant School, whoops.

Vaguely related - one of my favourite things about Blackpool is the tram which parades up and down the promenade during the Illuminations with "ABC WEEKEND TELEVISION" lit up along the side of it. Such a lovely anachronism.
Martin

Someone else with an interest in ABC...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2502272/a ... -on-trent/
Alexia

Fair play that is fucking awesome.

All that attention to detail though and he goes and screws up the Dolby logo!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/upl ... =all&w=960
Whataday

Absolutely incredible - makes you proud to be British :D

Completely forgotten about those Automaticket dispensers until I saw a photo of them in that article!
Alexia

Anyone else scan around their house/flat for a spare room to, ahem, convert?
thegeek

B.E. El-Zebub wrote: Sat 27 Aug, 2016 09.23 HSBC is changing its branch signage to say HSBC UK
I spotted one yesterday (the branch next to Sainsbury's head office on High Holborn). Most boring rebrand ever.see it here at Birmingham New Street.
WillPS

thegeek wrote: Tue 17 Jan, 2017 21.44
B.E. El-Zebub wrote: Sat 27 Aug, 2016 09.23 HSBC is changing its branch signage to say HSBC UK
I spotted one yesterday (the branch next to Sainsbury's head office on High Holborn). Most boring rebrand ever.see it here at Birmingham New Street.
There's a few. It really is a change which makes zero difference.
Philip

WillPS wrote: Wed 18 Jan, 2017 15.15
thegeek wrote: Tue 17 Jan, 2017 21.44
There's a few. It really is a change which makes zero difference.
In case anyone's interested none of my letters have this logo on them, if they ever will. Still just HSBC for now.
Nick Harvey
God

While we're on HSBC, has anyone else noticed that, where they've changed the telephone number on the external signage on the branches, from 0845 to 0345, the new 3 appears to simply not fit properly in the space, and makes the whole number now look a mess?
ph2o

Poundland

I forgot to take a photo but when I was in Lakeside Shopping Centre last weekend, I went inside a new look Poundland store together with the new logo.

Eternally, it looked a lot posher, signage was on glass letter by letter and not the cheap boxy standard signage.

So I've looked online to see if there is anywhere else with this logo and managed to find one - but looks a lot better in Lakeside. Inside is also a little but different with lit up signs above the wall shelves.

So if they were to take over the high streets atleast in future they would look a little bit better.

Although I did prefer the old Poundland Motif logo.

New Poundland Logo (not Lakeside) photo =
https://twitter.com/Poundland/status/790923506129235969