Another High Street Rebrand

WillPS

Alexia wrote:If its the one on Newport Road Cardiff, then its possible... Its sandwiched between Argos and Dunelm IIRC.... Will nose next time I'm there
Parc Tawe in Swansea, I am reliably informed.
Alexia

Ah yes. Parc Tawe. A sorta half-and-half hodge podge of a retail park - half of it's quite nice and decent, and convenient, being in the city centre not far from the Railway station. Then the other half--- that whole area is a minefield of Brands that Time Forgot - from the 1996 tombstone Sky Sports logo plastered to the side of the bowling alley, to the extant Deep Pan Pizza Company signage above the door of the long-gone restaurant - I think I've mentioned them before.

Mothercare/Childrens' World : https://goo.gl/maps/jvhHc (swivel left or go to https://goo.gl/maps/ChIAp for Deep Pan Pizza)
Sky Sports Tombstone : https://goo.gl/maps/5mctd
Posh Nice New Bit On Other Side Of Busy Road (aka Parc Tawe North) : https://goo.gl/maps/enbhQ
scottishtv

So, is The National Lottery and Lotto game about to get a rebrand? I note they have a rubbish new TV ad on, which features new logo on in-store POS and has a new logo at the end of the ad. However, no changes to the website or other online channels yet.

Given the sheer volume of signage and materials out there in retailers across the country, updating the logo would be quite an undertaking.

The ad is also on YouTube.

EDIT: Actually, I remembered that the game is changing in October to include more numbers, so maybe this is being rolled out ahead of a 'relaunch'. I think the logo looks good on black, not sure it stands out white on white background though. Definitely prefer the simpler design.
bilky asko

I noticed that some scratchcards already have the new logo on.

Pete

I think the new logo makes the smiling face in the hand much more obvious than on the old one.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Critique

I glimpsed part of that ad in the background the other day and because the playstation looked so different I assumed it wasn't for the Lottery and it was some other company that was having to cover up the branding!

The playstand shouldn't be too difficult to rebrand though. Two of those windows with National Lottery graphics are designed to be changed by the retailer, as they often have different graphics in at the moment (and often these seem to be outdated and advertising last draws!) and I'm sure the top bit is screwed into place, so that can probably be removed too. I'd have thought the bits with the slips in would be more difficult to change though, because that's always looked like a permanent part of the stand - I could be wrong though as wouldn't there have previously been slots for that Dream Number Olympic game and for when they did Lotto draws everyday?

And actually, that playstand looks slightly different from the current ones, as it only has the one surface to fill in the slips on, rather than having a high and a lower one.

EDIT: I've just been on the National Lottery YouTube channel after rewatching the ad, and I was quite surprised to see how much effort they go to with the midweek draws. They don't have a presenter but do keep the voice of the balls, albeit in recorded form, and apart from reading the Millionaire code during the Euromillions draw, it sounds fairly decent. Also of note in the Euromillions draw is that it seems to come from a virtual studio somewhere, and it uses older graphics as when they relaunched the TV programme they obviously didn't do anything for Euromillions as it isn't on TV anymore.
JAS84

bilky asko wrote:I noticed that some scratchcards already have the new logo on.

And a new NAME. Game Store used to be called Instants.
thegeek

I've yet to get a picture for this thread, but I'm fairly sure I've seen a reasonable number of Sainsbury's stores with the original National Lottery logo on their window decals.
Critique

I am reliably informed that all the e-learning stuff on the National Lottery terminals has been updated to reflect the new branding seen in the advert above, with the Lotto tutorials teaching how to the play the game from October when you begin to choose from 1-59. There's also allegedly a new ticket design featured, on new paper.
Pete

What about WHSmith's uniforms...
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Martin Phillp

Boots corporate site has the logo in use from the past.

http://www.boots-uk.com/About_Boots/Boots_Heritage.aspx
TVF's London Lite.