Another High Street Rebrand

Andrew

Has it been mentioned that the Highways Agency is now Highways England

The long established logo that had apparently been in use for 21 years has been replaced by a new one
thegeek

Pete

I like that logo - bit like the BBC Scotland one.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Alexia

Less a high street rebrand, more the bypass then.
Martin Phillp

HSBC are planning to rebrand their high street banks to ring-fence it from the rest of the business.

A return to Midland Bank perhaps?
TVF's London Lite.
WillPS

They would be daft not to. Another possibility could be that they use the first direct brand? But yeah using Midland would definitely be most sensible.
Martin Phillp

WillPS wrote:They would be daft not to. Another possibility could be that they use the first direct brand? But yeah using Midland would definitely be most sensible.
I can't see HSBC risking the First Direct brand on the high street. It isn't a tarnished brand and is a successful premium current account from an era before internet banking was the norm.

They could simply revert to the subtle HSBC Midland Bank branding used before the full rebrand, although a modern take on the Griffin logo would completely separate it from being part of HSBC in the eyes of the public.
TVF's London Lite.
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote:HSBC are planning to rebrand their high street banks to ring-fence it from the rest of the business.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... s-globally
Customers to be consulted on the new name.
bilky asko

JAS84 wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:HSBC are planning to rebrand their high street banks to ring-fence it from the rest of the business.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... s-globally
Customers to be consulted on the new name.
They should replace the Hong-Kong and Shanghai part of the name with Birmingham.
Nick Harvey
God

bilky asko wrote:They should replace the Hong-Kong and Shanghai part of the name with Birmingham.
Or even call it Birmingham Retail Market Bank!
WillPS

nodnirG kraM wrote:I should imagine Perfect Curve will be in charge of the rebrand, therefore the new name will have no relevance to the company, nor its (or its former swallowed up brands') historical identity.
In fact I'd bet all my shares in Woolworths that it'll be called some bland consumer-centric digital marketplace non offensive non denominational buzzword or acronymous shitefest.
See what you can do.