Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

If the logo was representative, the colour would be a deep, murky dark grey-green.
StevieB

Our local Co-Op has just been given the new signage this week and has strangely been renamed Newtownabbey's Co-Op (it was previously known as Beverley Co-Op, named after the road it was on). Strange because there's more than one Co-Op in Newtownabbey!

woah

I think you might be standing the wrong way up!

They do seem to be changing some of the store names with these refurbs but without any particular consistency - the store near me that's been refitted recently is now named after the road name it is on rather than the area of the city, but that seems to be an exception.
StevieB

woah wrote:I think you might be standing the wrong way up!
Don't know why that happened, fixed now though!
bilky asko

StevieB wrote:
woah wrote:I think you might be standing the wrong way up!
Don't know why that happened, fixed now though!
I had no idea, until that photo, that the numberplates featured in the photo were the Northern Irish system and not just vanity plates.
woah

Yep... it's one of the reasons all the NBFL buses in London are registered in Northern Ireland where they are built - it's an easy way to disguise their age. You can also buy NI plates online to apply to your car as a slightly cheaper alternative to a vanity plate.
B.E. El-Zebub

HSBC is changing its branch signage to say HSBC UK
Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod
Alexia

Dropping back to Guinness for a second, their new logo is out and about in the wild at the Pro12 website and on their Facebook page, but I've just seen an advert using the old logo and logotype. Will have to see if any new glasses or pump designs have made it out to my local later.
thegeek

I think the only standalone M&S Food to Go I've seen before is the tiny one in Baker Street station - this seems to be a similar deal: it's basically M&S's take on a Pret, except the sandwiches are probably made some way away. They do barista coffee too.
Martin Phillp

The Bunnings owned Homebase is to axe Nectar points collection after Dec 31.
TVF's London Lite.
AgainWTheNorth

Honestly, I don't know if this goes in here or The Barclays and other non-Lloyds/TSB Bank thread, so I'll post it in both places;

NatWest have introduced a new version of their logo, calling back to an old rendition of the chevrons symbol...

An original rendition of the symbol, with the 3 cubes standing for the 3 banks folded into NatWest; National Provincial Bank, Westminster Bank, and District Bank.

A new, 1-minute commercial which seems to be part of a new ad campaign called "We are what we do". Note the closing animation.

And just for fun, the new social media icon. Look familiar?
Then again, I'm an American - what do I know?