Another High Street Rebrand

WillPS

Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 09 Aug, 2017 20.54 I don't know why Poundworld doesn't just rebrand as Poundworld Plus for all their stores, considering they also like Poundland are selling items for more than £1.
This seems to be happening in Nottingham at least. Strange to see pound shops with SELs everywhere advising of prices.
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote: Wed 09 Aug, 2017 20.54 I don't know why Poundworld doesn't just rebrand as Poundworld Plus for all their stores, considering they also like Poundland are selling items for more than £1.
That's going to be weird if it happens to the branch at Hull's North Point Shopping Centre. Bargain Buys and Poundworld are right next door to each other! :lol:
Martin Phillp

JAS84 wrote: Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04.57
That's going to be weird if it happens to the branch at Hull's North Point Shopping Centre. Bargain Buys and Poundworld are right next door to each other! :lol:
I take it the Bargain Buys store has the largest floor space, so Poundworld could move in?

When 99p Stores and Poundland merged, the larger 99p store moved into the smaller Poundland which was in a more viable part of the high street with the chains, while another in a shopping centre simply closed and moved in with the existing Poundland.
TVF's London Lite.
JAS84

Martin Phillp wrote: Tue 15 Aug, 2017 12.51
JAS84 wrote: Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04.57
I take it the Bargain Buys store has the largest floor space, so Poundworld could move in?

When 99p Stores and Poundland merged, the larger 99p store moved into the smaller Poundland which was in a more viable part of the high street with the chains, while another in a shopping centre simply closed and moved in with the existing Poundland.
They're doing something. Since I posted that, a sign has gone up saying that the Bargain Buys store is closing down on September 9th. No such sign on the Poundworld half, which is business as usual. Stuff that both sell (mostly grocery) seems to no longer be in that branch of Bargain Buys, everything else goes half price tomorrow.

The floor space of the two is roughly equal - it's a former Kwik Save that got divided in two.
Jonny

TUI following the old "if you have to explain it, it's probably not that good" UI rule.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ov9k73mb ... /giphy.gif
all new Phil

Who was spelling it out??
james2001

I imagine quite a few people, especially as the logo us capitalised, which can imply an acronym.
Critique

Saw a TV advert last night advertising that Thompson was becoming TUI as well - it's been TUI in other territories for ages and UK holidaymakers will have been told to look out for TUI whilst away rather than Thompson so it's about time that it happened.
JAS84

Yeah, I always thought TUI was pronounced tee you eye, not too-E. That name is stupid, always has been. What does it mean anyway?
jonathan

JAS84 wrote: Fri 22 Sep, 2017 20.46 Yeah, I always thought TUI was pronounced tee you eye, not too-E. That name is stupid, always has been. What does it mean anyway?
Touristik Union International according to Wikipedia. The TUI Group Twitter account says it stands Trusted, Unique and Inspiring.
all new Phil

Transporting Uncultured Imbeciles, judging by the clientele they seem to be popular with.