Another High Street Rebrand

Whataday

thegeek wrote:Wimpy (yes, they're still going) appear to have changed their brand to something that's harking back to the original.
That news is about 8 years old now. Wimpy UK got bought out by Wimpy South Africa (which had continued to use the original logo after being spun off from the mothership many years ago). Wimpy SA quite wisely realised the only thing going for Wimpy in the UK was nostalgia so decided to roll out its logo over here.
all new Phil

I only noticed it briefly as I drove past today, but a branch of B&M Bargains near me appears to now be called Kwik Save. Same old red and white logo. Whatsallthataboutthen?
JAS84

Costcutter revived Kwik Save two years ago, but they didn't bring back the old logo. This is the current one.

Maybe that branch of B&M closed down, and when the sign was removed it revealed an old Kwik Save sign behind it?
WillPS

That or B&M's cheap signage just fell off.
Whataday

JAS84 wrote:Costcutter revived Kwik Save two years ago, but they didn't bring back the old logo. This is the current one.

Maybe that branch of B&M closed down, and when the sign was removed it revealed an old Kwik Save sign behind it?
The KwikSave revival was mentioned in the bowels of this thread somewhere. I'm not sure they bought the brand, more like the trademark became an orphan and they recreated a new brand using the same name.
all new Phil

It's definitely the old logo and not the new one - maybe it is just the old signage showing for some reason (although you'd think it would have been taken down and not just covered over!). I shall keep an eye on it and report back.
WillPS

all new Phil wrote:It's definitely the old logo and not the new one - maybe it is just the old signage showing for some reason (although you'd think it would have been taken down and not just covered over!). I shall keep an eye on it and report back.
Nah, B&M Bargains signage is notoriously cheap:

Philip Cobbold

Did part of the signage fall down, or did they not bother to cover all the Woolworths signage in the first place?
WillPS

Philip Cobbold wrote:Did part of the signage fall down, or did they not bother to cover all the Woolworths signage in the first place?
Part of it fell off. Essentially their normal thing to do is attach panels directly to whatever already exists rather than putting up their own assembly or even replacing panels from such an assembley - hence the lack of proper lighting most of the time.
all new Phil

Yep - B&M signage has reappeared.
JAS84

New, but not actually adopted as the company logo - the old one is still used in adverts. Someone posted about that on here last year. I think it might only be used on that one branch.