Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

From the unreadable to the unoriginal.
Critique

Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
Alexia

Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
Plus a well-known Middle-eastern sports channel network may take issue with Be There Sport....

(although that would solve the potentially thorny issue of a country-specific company name in foreign climes - how long has BP tried to bury the British part of its name?)
jonathan

Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
It's been used at the end of this ad since August - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7KHTF4E3w
MarkAshley

Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
...despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
BT isn't an acronym.

There isn't a thread that this would suit, but this is fairly close to rebranding and inconsistencies.
The new Lightroom / Lightroom Classic situation has really mucked up the slick look of my dock. (I put "dick" first in a freudian-sponsored autocorrect fail). All new apps seem to be getting the rounded edge treatment, whilst legacy programs are left with square-edged icons.

This is not what I pay a vastly discounted monthly fee for educational Adobe membership on the basis that I'm home educating my daughters in spite of neither of them being of an age where any Adobe product would yet be beneficial for their education, or even remotely suitable for their use .....
Hairy.
bilky asko

MarkAshley wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 20.23
Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
BT isn't an acronym.
Indeed, it's an initialism.
WillPS

bilky asko wrote:
Tue 28 Nov, 2017 01.57
MarkAshley wrote:
Mon 27 Nov, 2017 20.23
Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
BT isn't an acronym.
Indeed, it's an initialism.
...unless we're talking about balance transfers.
Andrew

With Intu being taken over, I wonder if this will mean all their shopping centres will rebrand back to their original names and lose their distinctive intu corporate quirky branding.
gottago

Andrew wrote:
Wed 06 Dec, 2017 19.27
With Intu being taken over, I wonder if this will mean all their shopping centres will rebrand back to their original names and lose their distinctive intu corporate quirky branding.
Christ I hope so. I wonder if any customer has ever uttered the name “intu Trafford Centre”.
woah

I've never understood why the Intu brand is so prominent - it adds nothing. It's not like their shopping centres are similar in any way, and because they're so spread out it's not like making the generic Intu brand enticing is going to attract people more than just advertising the Trafford Centre would for example.

It also has the "Co-operative Food" problem - a farce of a name that no-one used ever. It took years for them to start referring to themselves as the Co-op again and thankfully they've now rebranded back to the Co-op.
MarkAshley

Oh, did you never say "I'm off to The Cooperative Food to get a loaf for the morning"? .... no, neither did I.
Hairy.