Another High Street Rebrand

User avatar
rdobbie
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu 08 Jul, 2004 18.12

I've just visited the new Bunnings in Sittingbourne, which I think is the 7th Homebase store to have been converted.

It's undergone a very comprehensive refit and layout change. Compared to Homebase it now has a brutal warehouse feel; there are no lifestyley showroomy bits. The interior signage looks cheap, nasty and basic and its graphical style could easily be 30 years old.

The in-store café is literally a few white plastic tables and chairs plonked on a concrete floor in the corner of the store. But it's £2.50 for a coffee! Good luck with that, considering there's a McDonald's, KFC and M&S Café on the same retail park.

I was immediately reminded of how the warm, sophisticated Safeway ambiance was decimated when Morrisons first converted the stores.

Content-wise, the range is enormous, which is obviously the redeeming feature. It's not quite a "year zero" re-opening as I spotted a fair bit of Homebase own brand stock on sale (not as clearance products, just as regular stock).
bilky asko
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sat 08 Nov, 2008 19.48

The one and only time I've been to Homebase (B&Q has always been much nearer), it was overpriced, the kitchen displays had cupboard doors falling off the hinges, and it was deserted.
Image
sqwidge1978
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat 25 Jun, 2016 15.42

Morrison's are in the process of updating their Saver range to new packaging woth the new logo
Old
Image
New
Image
JAS84
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri 12 Aug, 2011 10.23
Location: Hull, UK

Beano publisher DC Thomson's logo has just changed.
Old:
Image
New:
Image
thegeek
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat 04 Jun, 2005 12.35

JAS84 wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 20.04
Beano publisher DC Thomson's logo has just changed.
Old:
Image
New:
Image
The only remaining newspaper publisher on Fleet Street, fact fans.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 7178
Joined: Fri 15 Aug, 2003 13.36
Location: Dundee

thegeek wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 17.38
JAS84 wrote:
Thu 05 Oct, 2017 20.04
Beano publisher DC Thomson's logo has just changed.
Old:
Image
New:
Image
The only remaining newspaper publisher on Fleet Street, fact fans.
http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/08/05/ ... ournalists

you're wrong, cdd
"He has to be larger than bacon"
User avatar
rob
Posts: 905
Joined: Sat 06 Sep, 2003 12.01
Location: Overton, Hampshire
Contact:

My local shopping centre has had a rebrand.

Old logo

Image

New logo.

Image
Alexia
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sat 01 Oct, 2005 17.50

From the unreadable to the unoriginal.
Critique
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon 17 Aug, 2009 10.37
Location: Suffolk

Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
Alexia
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sat 01 Oct, 2005 17.50

Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
Plus a well-known Middle-eastern sports channel network may take issue with Be There Sport....

(although that would solve the potentially thorny issue of a country-specific company name in foreign climes - how long has BP tried to bury the British part of its name?)
jonathan
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon 06 Jan, 2014 01.43

Critique wrote:
Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35
Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
It's been used at the end of this ad since August - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7KHTF4E3w
Post Reply