Another High Street Rebrand

rdobbie

I've just visited the new Bunnings in Sittingbourne, which I think is the 7th Homebase store to have been converted.

It's undergone a very comprehensive refit and layout change. Compared to Homebase it now has a brutal warehouse feel; there are no lifestyley showroomy bits. The interior signage looks cheap, nasty and basic and its graphical style could easily be 30 years old.

The in-store café is literally a few white plastic tables and chairs plonked on a concrete floor in the corner of the store. But it's £2.50 for a coffee! Good luck with that, considering there's a McDonald's, KFC and M&S Café on the same retail park.

I was immediately reminded of how the warm, sophisticated Safeway ambiance was decimated when Morrisons first converted the stores.

Content-wise, the range is enormous, which is obviously the redeeming feature. It's not quite a "year zero" re-opening as I spotted a fair bit of Homebase own brand stock on sale (not as clearance products, just as regular stock).
bilky asko

The one and only time I've been to Homebase (B&Q has always been much nearer), it was overpriced, the kitchen displays had cupboard doors falling off the hinges, and it was deserted.
sqwidge1978

Morrison's are in the process of updating their Saver range to new packaging woth the new logo
Old
New
JAS84

Beano publisher DC Thomson's logo has just changed.
Old:
New:
thegeek

JAS84 wrote: Thu 05 Oct, 2017 20.04 Beano publisher DC Thomson's logo has just changed.
Old:
New:
The only remaining newspaper publisher on Fleet Street, fact fans.
Pete

thegeek wrote: Fri 06 Oct, 2017 17.38
JAS84 wrote: Thu 05 Oct, 2017 20.04 Beano publisher DC Thomson's logo has just changed.
Old:
New:
The only remaining newspaper publisher on Fleet Street, fact fans.
http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/08/05/ ... ournalists

you're wrong, cdd
"He has to be larger than bacon"
rob

My local shopping centre has had a rebrand.

Old logo

New logo.

Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Alexia

From the unreadable to the unoriginal.
Critique

Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
Alexia

Critique wrote: Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35 Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
Plus a well-known Middle-eastern sports channel network may take issue with Be There Sport....

(although that would solve the potentially thorny issue of a country-specific company name in foreign climes - how long has BP tried to bury the British part of its name?)
jonathan

Critique wrote: Wed 18 Oct, 2017 23.35 Saw a BT poster at a bus stop yesterday which caught my eye. It was mostly a standard advert for Infinity, but at the bottom beneath the BT logo was the text 'Be There' - are they trying to create a backronym, despite the fact that BT is a VERY well known acronym already?
It's been used at the end of this ad since August - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7KHTF4E3w