Another High Street Rebrand

james2001

Are Asda going down the route of Somerfield and Sainsbury's in the 90s, using 2 different logos at the same time? Seems to be some confused branding going off anyway.
Cache

HSBC, fresh from the success of their 'groundbreaking' rebranding as HSBC UK over here, are rolling out some far more lovely bank cards - annoyingly, just one week after I received a new one.

I really, really like it (best design out of all the UK banks IMO). It's rolling out globally to every card type - more info here - and was created by Shift Partners.
Pete

Mattarz wrote: Fri 05 May, 2017 18.55annoyingly, just one week after I received a new one.
oh i just used to pretend i'd snapped mine and order replacements. have done the same to get contactless on cards.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
james2001

Speaking of cards, when I told my American friends we've had Chip & Pin since around 2005 they were shocked (and we were late compared to much of Europe), it's still being rolled out there and lots of people still don't have chipped cards and lots of shops don't take them. I get suprised sometimes when you sit back and look how far behind the US is in a lot of things. I'm imagining they're just as far behind with contactless.
Alexia

Hello from Sweden, where they look at you funny if you try and pay in cash.
WillPS

I hope HSBC also update the First Direct debit card, which (despite their very simple branding) is a mess:

tillyoshea

WillPS wrote: Fri 05 May, 2017 23.49 I hope HSBC also update the First Direct debit card, which (despite their very simple branding) is a mess:
Agreed! If the mother ship has decided to suppress account details on cards (as the HSBC designs suggest), then one might expect First Direct to follow suit, which would surely prompt some sort of redesign. The lion would look lovely in monochrome (though I guess that's not a likely choice since they dropped the HSBC logo in their last rebrand).
bilky asko

tillyoshea wrote: Sat 06 May, 2017 14.18
WillPS wrote: Fri 05 May, 2017 23.49 I hope HSBC also update the First Direct debit card, which (despite their very simple branding) is a mess:
Agreed! If the mother ship has decided to suppress account details on cards (as the HSBC designs suggest), then one might expect First Direct to follow suit, which would surely prompt some sort of redesign. The lion would look lovely in monochrome (though I guess that's not a likely choice since they dropped the HSBC logo in their last rebrand).
That appears to be a non-UK version, as it says "VALID THRU" instead of "EXPIRES END".
tillyoshea

Another "not really high street" contribution from me - Amazon Prime has a new logo.
thegeek

I found a Costa Pronto today - the use of Garamond Bold Italic for a sub-brand struck me as slightly familiar...
Jake

Thomson is (finally) becoming TUI.

https://www.tui.co.uk/about-tui