Another High Street Rebrand

wells

With Homebase not having the presence it had 5 years ago. It doesn't make sense to kill off all that brand awareness, Bunnings will never reach the brand awareness Homebase had it's going to be a very costly mistake to rebrand.
Whataday

I actually think in this case it's a good idea to undermine Homebase's brand awareness.

This isn't a straight forward rebrand. It's a remodelling of the business to focus on DIY. The deal doesn't even include Habitat or Hygena and everything points to Bunnings going head to head with B&Q. The present Homebase brand is a wishy washy mess of DIY and home furnishings, whereas the Bunnings brand looks more hardcore DIY (much more trade friendly too).
gottago

But it sounds horrible.

"Bunnings", ugh. It sounds like a name you'd try and rebrand away from.
bilky asko

gottago wrote:But it sounds horrible.

"Bunnings", ugh. It sounds like a name you'd try and rebrand away from.
It has that faux family feel to it. I dislike Bunnings in the same way I dislike Robert Dyas or McColl's - they just don't sit right with me.
Alexia

The new Homebase adverts are a bit schmaltzy, but they work quite well. Not convinced about the "stresses of modern life" being represented by a greying menopausal middle-class woman, a bit on the nose that.
wells

Whataday wrote:I actually think in this case it's a good idea to undermine Homebase's brand awareness.

This isn't a straight forward rebrand. It's a remodelling of the business to focus on DIY. The deal doesn't even include Habitat or Hygena and everything points to Bunnings going head to head with B&Q. The present Homebase brand is a wishy washy mess of DIY and home furnishings, whereas the Bunnings brand looks more hardcore DIY (much more trade friendly too).
I'm a bit cynical about this, considering I overheard some staff in a 'Homebase Design Centre' concept store which takes emphasis even more off DIY say that when the new owners had visited them and this was the week it was all announced "they wanted all their stores to be like this" or words to that effect.

I think the rebrand is more to do with making the Bunnings brand international. We have to remember there is a reason B&Q and Homebase have been moving away from DIY in the first place.
Alexia

Thing is, if I'm doing DIY now, I'll go to either Wickes, or a cheapo shop, or even Toolstation or similar.
ph2o

The trial is over and Morrisons is rebranding! Pop over to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2919&start=946
ph2o

This is not on the high street but a rebrand of CBBC!!
WillPS

ph2o wrote:This is not on the high street but a rebrand of CBBC!!
Wrong forum dude.
JAS84

Yeah. TV stuff belongs on TV Forum, where there's a dedicated thread about the CBBC rebrand, not here on Metropol.