Another High Street Rebrand

Whataday

Looks nice.

bilky asko

Carpet Right Bensons for Beds, next door to Currys PC World Carphone Warehouse.
Whataday

So there are inconsistencies with the logo. But strangely it doesn't seem to matter.
bilky asko

Whataday wrote:So there are inconsistencies with the logo. But strangely it doesn't seem to matter.
I daresay it was designed to be altered gracefully for differing sign shapes.
rdobbie

WillPS wrote:In terms of Total garages - there seems to be one chain of them who have been particularly slow at changing them -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.02183 ... 312!8i6656
This one in Nottingham (which will transform in to an Esso when you move towards Nottingham by one movement)
Thanks, I love those time slips on Street View. But you might have stumbled on the best one ever there, because take a step back in the opposite direction and it's a Texaco!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.02186 ... 312!8i6656
WillPS wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.34504 ... 312!8i6656
This one in Sheffield (which still has those hilariously old pumps despite the very swish "Synergy" Esso branding)
Esso have a very piecemeal approach to refitting. My local one has just been fitted with the Synergy LED strip lights over the pumps, yet the shop is a 1980s timewarp – a faded, badly illuminated Esso Snack & Shop sign (around 30 years old) and a sticker above the tobacco display advertising Tiger Tokens (circa 1992 I would hazard a guess).
woah

Homebase seem to have launched a brand new advertising campaign based on furniture creating "life improvement", not just "home improvement" - seems an odd thing to do for a brand that's heading for the bin.
jonathan

woah wrote:Homebase seem to have launched a brand new advertising campaign based on furniture creating "life improvement", not just "home improvement" - seems an odd thing to do for a brand that's heading for the bin.
I read the rebrand will take 3-5 years so presume they don't want to neglect the existing brand in the meantime.
simonipswich

jonathan wrote:
woah wrote:Homebase seem to have launched a brand new advertising campaign based on furniture creating "life improvement", not just "home improvement" - seems an odd thing to do for a brand that's heading for the bin.
I read the rebrand will take 3-5 years so presume they don't want to neglect the existing brand in the meantime.
I wonder if there will be a crossover period of the new name and the old to get people use to it?

Something like this maybe:
WillPS

simonipswich wrote:
jonathan wrote:
I wonder if there will be a crossover period of the new name and the old to get people use to it?

Something like this maybe:
Sort of like Focus Do-It-All?
Alexia

And who could forget EMTEC BASF?
Whataday

Bunnings Homebase works well as an interim brand (just as it used to be Sainsburys Homebase).