Another High Street Rebrand

Nick Harvey
God

What an absolutely dreadful mix of, what appear to be, upper and lower case letters.

Are we certain this isn't a mock off TV Forum?
bilky asko

Nick Harvey wrote:What an absolutely dreadful mix of, what appear to be, upper and lower case letters.

Unfortunately, it seems they have done some new adverts with this logo included.
martindtanderson

Nick Harvey wrote:What an absolutely dreadful mix of, what appear to be, upper and lower case letters.

The term for this kind of mix is Unicase... And yea it does feel a bit all over the place. :D
Alexia

martindtanderson wrote:

The term for this kind of mix is Unicase... And yea it does feel a bit all over the place. :D
Actually, the term for this kind of mix is boLLocKs.
scottishtv

thegeek wrote:Also, my local BHS appears to be getting a food store - nice mix of branding here.
I see the BBC had a look around a new look BHS last week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34289275
Also, I see M&S have ditched the green carrier bags for food, in favour of white M&S Foodhall branded bags with a white-and-black checkerboard border.
Andrew

Rebranding M&S Simply Food as M&S Food Hall is odd to say the least, are they going to change all branches, including ones that aren't really big enough to be called a 'Food Hall', like ones in train stations or service stations?.

Rebranding to plain black and white instead of using green is also a backward step in my eyes, yet another example of something really plain and boring being explained as being 'clean' and 'fresh' or something along those lines.
thegeek

Incidentally, John Lewis have been using the 'food hall' name since 2007:

Seems to just be in Oxford Street and Bluewater.

(Conversely, Canary Wharf has a Waitrose Food, Fashion and Home, which is a bit like a small John Lewis)
Pete

thegeek wrote:Incidentally, John Lewis have been using the 'food hall' name since 2007:
Newcastle use that too.

From what I can tell / assume the split is supermarket = foodhall, whilst service station franchise = simply food. I think the thinking is that its not ideal that a full blown supermarket and cafe is marketed in the same way as what is in some cases half a petrol station shop at a BP (with the other selling oil and frances maude cans).
"He has to be larger than bacon"
tillyoshea

Pete wrote:
thegeek wrote:Incidentally, John Lewis have been using the 'food hall' name since 2007:
Newcastle use that too.
Not since we got rid of the food hall for a Waitrose - maybe five years ago?
thegeek

KFC have had a bit of a refresh in the States - the Colonel has lost his apron. And torso, for that matter.

More at Brand New.

I hope they follow suit in the UK, because their current identity really is a bit confused.
james2001

I seem to remember that's how the Colonel was until the mid-90s as well