Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

Critique wrote: The only new one I've been in (which was in Cardiff) had been completely refurbished when it got the new logo and everything used the new branding, whilst one local to me with the old logo still carried the old logo everywhere, even on new menus, although perhaps the Wifi splash screen used the new logo, but I may be misremembering.
Castleton or Wenvoe?
Critique

Alexia wrote:
Critique wrote: The only new one I've been in (which was in Cardiff) had been completely refurbished when it got the new logo and everything used the new branding, whilst one local to me with the old logo still carried the old logo everywhere, even on new menus, although perhaps the Wifi splash screen used the new logo, but I may be misremembering.
Castleton or Wenvoe?
Castleton, as it happens.
Hermes

Having only just rolled out their new modern logo, BHS seem to have decided to rebrand again...
http://www.bhs.co.uk
JAS84

They had a change of ownership since the last rebrand, remember. Though personally I think it's a waste of money because from what I hear, the company is actually not doing so well.
JAS84

It's throwing good money after bad. They should be focusing on their product range, not their branding.
Martin Phillp

My local BHS was featured on a live last week, with the 90s style BHS logo.

TVF's London Lite.
thegeek

quite similar to the G of the Google Authenticator logo they've been using for some time:
Critique

I like the new G logo and all the various shapes it can change into but at the moment I haven't warmed to to the new Google wordmark. I know that serif fonts haven't been the most popular design thing in the past few years but I thought they'd updated the logo suitably to make it seem modern until this point. At the moment the new logo just seems like somebody's mock - on the homepage I don't think it works well enough in comparison to the current logo.

Then again, the weird thing about the Google logo is that it's difficult to precisely remember. If asked I suspect those aware of the brands would be able to draw the YouTube logo, the Facebook logo or the Twitter logo, but if asked to draw the Google logo because it's made up of multiple colours, it's serify and it has that more unusual lowercase g I suspect most would get it wrong. Therefore if they simplify it to the new one I guess more people will remember it.
bbcnewsfix

Following the find of the new Beefeater logo. I spotted a new Premier Inn logo on their advert a few days ago. The website is yet to have the new logo, but Premier Inn on Google+ has the new logo

Philip

bbcnewsfix wrote:Following the find of the new Beefeater logo. I spotted a new Premier Inn logo on their advert a few days ago. The website is yet to have the new logo, but Premier Inn on Google+ has the new logo

How many more times will they make a variation on the same logo before they finally get bored of it?

I kid really, since it always brings back nostalgic memories of staying in Travel Inns at the turn of the millennium. I just found the 2009 guide to every Premier Inn in the country, the most recent I have.