Another High Street Rebrand

bilky asko

WillPS wrote:Lenovo have changed their logo. I'm not sure why, I rather liked their previous one.

It cheapens the brand for me. I preferred their old one too.
martindtanderson

WillPS wrote:Lenovo have changed their logo. I'm not sure why, I rather liked their previous one.

An attempt to shake off the scandal of malware they added to computers no doubt, and trying to boost device sales.

On a similar note, Logitech has rebranded and introduced a new logi sub brand for more designer-y accessories.

cwathen

Lexmark have also jumped on the bandwagon of 'tech companies updating their 90's logo'. The new one apparently 'better represents where the company is today and [their] vision for the future'. Well, 20 years ago they made printers, 10 years ago they made printers, and today they make printers. That's sure some hell of a transformation the company has gone through and I'm so glad it is rightly acknowledged by this new logo.

Whataday

Back on the subject of the Lottery, I notice the new branding has now been rolled out across their scratchcards, under a new "Game Store" brand. It's another example of how it's been an impressively speedy rollout.
WillPS

Whataday wrote:Back on the subject of the Lottery, I notice the new branding has now been rolled out across their scratchcards, under a new "Game Store" brand. It's another example of how it's been an impressively speedy rollout.
It's been there for a while. Given a single design of scratchcard has 1 print run, and a second only if it sells well, it's not that impressive.
wells

The Game Store branding is what I saw first and before any of the new Lottery branding was mentioned on here.
Alexia

Whataday wrote:. It's another example of how it's been an impressively speedy rollout.
Or it's an example of a well-thought-out, pre-planned, strategically managed and controlled rollout.
WillPS

Alexia

Harvester is an example of a rebrand that has been done in stages.... New restaurants and some existing restaurants have been rebranded with the new logo and imagery of the animals used in its menu... Whereas last time I checked the website, twitter feed and WiFi splash screen all had the old logo. Rebrand has been going on for best part of a 12 month now so its slow to say the least.

Beefeater also seem to have a continuing identity crisis.
thegeek

Alexia wrote:Beefeater also seem to have a continuing identity crisis.
...as I've just discovered when trying to book a Premier Inn - the hotel site has this logo:

which is rather nicer than the one on the restaurant's website:
Critique

I took a look the other day to see how long the new branding for Beefeater had been around, and apparently it was trialed back in 2012, albeit using different colours in the logo. From what I can work out they're maintaining the old identity whilst they switch to the new one - I got a leaflet for a Beefeater in the post the other day and it carried the old branding as the Beefeater in question carries the old logo. The only new one I've been in (which was in Cardiff) had been completely refurbished when it got the new logo and everything used the new branding, whilst one local to me with the old logo still carried the old logo everywhere, even on new menus, although perhaps the Wifi splash screen used the new logo, but I may be misremembering.