Another High Street Rebrand

Philip

When the change is as subtle as that, you wonder what the point is.
WillPS

Philip wrote:When the change is as subtle as that, you wonder what the point is.
It allows the brand to change without instantly rendering thousands of signs across the country redundant. Sky did pretty much the same thing a few years ago.
nwtv2003

JAS84 wrote:New look for Greggs:
About two weeks ago a new Greggs (well technically it's Esso, Spar (operated by EuroGarages) and Greggs) have opened next door to where I work, it's all modern inside, all up to date interior and branding, and outside on the main signs they've got the old logo which from the eye you can't really tell much difference. Although it is franchised as they don't offer one their loyalty cards and that they don't have 2 for 99p on sausage rolls much to the disappointment of my colleagues.
steve
Ant

Ant wrote:
Ant wrote:On the subject of RBS, my branch in Edinburgh has new signage sporting a new logo. The arrows remain but 'RBS' has been replaced with 'Royal Bank of Scotland'. I'll try and get a photo in the next couple of days, but imagine the old logo with a new font.

The branch featured on an RBS advert a couple of years ago so it could be some form of concept branch.
As promised, a photo. I must have been looking at the branch from a different angle the other day - didn't notice the 'RBS' logo remained too. But still…
Just spotted an advert with the above logo, so looks like it's rolling out somewhat.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Ant wrote:
Ant wrote:
Ant wrote:On the subject of RBS, my branch in Edinburgh has new signage sporting a new logo. The arrows remain but 'RBS' has been replaced with 'Royal Bank of Scotland'. I'll try and get a photo in the next couple of days, but imagine the old logo with a new font.

The branch featured on an RBS advert a couple of years ago so it could be some form of concept branch.
As promised, a photo. I must have been looking at the branch from a different angle the other day - didn't notice the 'RBS' logo remained too. But still…
Just spotted an advert with the above logo, so looks like it's rolling out somewhat.
This is the branch they shoot interiors of their commercials in, isn't it? That's what I was told - although I've never had banking needs in Costorphine.
thegeek

I spotted a lorry belonging to London-based concrete supplier Modern Mix Ltd today, and noticed they've changed their branding from "Jim'll Mix It" to just "Mix It". Can't think why...
ph2o

The new RBS logo -

It's weird. It's like the old previous logo but that they just removed the 'The'.

It feels weird without the 'The' in The Royal Bank of Scotland...

And this is the old logo Image
JAS84

Leeds Building Society has a new look.
Old logo:
all new Phil

It's not recent and it's certainly not on the high street, but I'm slightly bemused by the renaming of Preston College to 'Preston's College' a year or so back. It strikes me as being a rubbish answer to the question "What can we do to make our college sound more inclusive?" and just sounds ridiculous on their many radio adverts.
Jake

Not a high street rebrand (yet), but Dixons and Carphone Warehouse are to merge, the new company bearing the not at all outdated name "Dixons Carphone".
barcode

There should have kept the Warehouse name ;) I can see alot of, I MEAN a lot of Carphone warehouse shops closing and merging into Curry shops.