Another High Street Rebrand

martindtanderson

I have a friend with the surname Barco...
ph2o

Sainsbury's have introduced a new logo and new look strapline.

Whataday

Yes, that Sainsbury's logo/strapline is mentioned in the supermarket thread. They amusingly have to put small print on their ads along the lines of "Live well for less than you thought"
lukey

I still don't understand what that small print clarifies. It's more contentious than the tagline alone.
scottishtv

I think they have to point out that "Live well for less" doesn't mean that your shopping is cheaper or costs less at Sainsbury's compared to other supermarkets, although I read the shortened slogan as appearing to imply that.

The slogan is instead referencing that people in a survey thought Sainsbury's was more expensive than it actually is. The till receipt text reads: "Based on price perception data, you can live well for less than you thought at Sainsbury's. For more information go to sainsburys.co.uk/livewellforless"
Pete

Frankly if you have to qualify your own motto perhaps its time to find a new one
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Philip

ph2o wrote:Sainsbury's have introduced a new logo and new look strapline.

So do we have to type it as Sainsbury's~ now?
Pete

"He has to be larger than bacon"
james2001

Not really a new logo then, just the old one with a wavy line underneath it- I wonder how much the branding consultants charged for that!
WillPS

It's an improvement on that crap that went before, but still not a touch on the classy Saatchi & Saatchi designed:

Pete wrote:Image
RIP in peace
lukey

Pete wrote:Frankly if you have to qualify your own motto perhaps its time to find a new one
It's particularly odd because I've never seen the small print actually include references to the price perception surveys which scottishtv mentioned. Surely if the aim of the small print is to back up their claim, they need to cite their own sources? As it stands, Sainsbury's is claiming some impressive mind-reading abilities.