Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

Yes we know, thankyou, we can read....
RDJ

Thomas Cook have had a rebrand today, replacing their old logo which had been in place since 2001.

Old logo:

New logo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/trave ... -logo.html

It's different. I do think the old logo is a classic though but it had been through tough times recently so I can understand for the need of a rebrand.
thegeek

The 'sunny heart' is also being used for their European brands:

http://www.thomascookgroup.com/brand-st ... nd-symbol/
all new Phil

I always thought the old logo looked a bit cheap so I'm glad it's changed. It's still a bit non-descript though.
JAS84

That new logo seems to be V as in Ving (no joke, they launched it 9 months ago).
Ant

Ant wrote:On the subject of RBS, my branch in Edinburgh has new signage sporting a new logo. The arrows remain but 'RBS' has been replaced with 'Royal Bank of Scotland'. I'll try and get a photo in the next couple of days, but imagine the old logo with a new font.

The branch featured on an RBS advert a couple of years ago so it could be some form of concept branch.
As promised, a photo. I must have been looking at the branch from a different angle the other day - didn't notice the 'RBS' logo remained too. But still…
Critique

The new William Hill that has opened up in Town centre here appears to be using one of N6's BARCOs as part of it's window display. I'm not sure what it actually is, as it isn't a BARCO, but it appears to be an LED screen, which I haven't actually seen turned on yet either, meaning I am yet to see it as anything more than a chunky black cuboid. Looking inside, they also appeared to have a full video wall displaying TV channels and the like, which looked very nice.
Sput

Critique wrote: I'm not sure what it actually is, as it isn't a BARCO, but it appears to be an LED screen
I think it's called a "television"
Knight knight
Critique

Sput wrote:
Critique wrote: I'm not sure what it actually is, as it isn't a BARCO, but it appears to be an LED screen
I think it's called a "television"
It wasn't though - it was something more like:

Critique

nodnirG kraM wrote:Why do TV Forumers insist on shouting Barco?
Because it's an acronym:

Being Anal about Rotas Could be Outrageous

(It's all I could come up with, sorry..)
thegeek

nodnirG kraM wrote:Why do TV Forumers insist on shouting Barco?
I don't know, but I've just learned today (thanks Wikipedia) that the name derives from Belgian American Radio Corporation.