Another High Street Rebrand

Whataday

Critique wrote:It means there are three Lloyd's TSBs within 50m of each other at the moment, with two literally opposite each other and then the weird little thing around the corner.
Doesn't beat Cardiff's record of having 3 Santanders within 10m of each other, two next door to each other (former B&B and A&L), one directly opposite (former Abbey). There's also a fourth about 50m down the road on the same street. They've tried to brand one of them as a 'Student Branch' even though the nearest uni already has a Santander branch at the Student Union.

Each branch is understaffed so instead of one well run, convenient bank you have four with needlessly long queues.

And they insist on having one member of staff wander around the queue trying to shorten it by pulling people out of it but failing miserably as all the customers require counter service.
scottishtv

Pete wrote:One thing I like about Germany and Italy is that they have their cashpoints indoors in a foyer of the bank which requires a swipe of a debit card to enter.
I like this too. I've seen it at the Bank of Scotland on Earl Grey Street in Edinburgh.
Similarly, Nationwide on George Street also has this option if you want to bypass the cash machine outside and use the Fast Cash and Cheque version inside the branch for deposits at the machine, as well as withdrawals. The rest of the branch is behind shutters out of hours.
WillPS

Here's a thing. When you put a debit card in a Co-op branded card reader (the things Barclays call 'PINsentry's) it tells you the bank it's associated with (or, in lieu of that, either "Visa Auth" or "Securecode"). My new Halifax debit card comes up as 'Lloyds TSB'.
Nick Harvey
God

Probably only until midnight tonight when they change all the computer systems over.

"Internet Banking will be unavailable from 11pm on September 7th while we fuck about changing all the bank names and move your C&G account over to a different system so you have to log in twice in order to carry out the simplest transaction" or something like that, can't remember exactly, only read the first few words.
Philip

The new TSB website looks like something out of 2003, not 2013. I had my hopes up after seeing the very nice https://www.introducinglloydsbank.com/ too. Hopefully it's just temporary during the switch.

Edit: After seeing this page, I'm inclined to say it probably is temporary.
DVB Cornwall

Truro's ex C&G's cloaking was removed yesterday, all ready to go as a TSB from the morning, The Lloyds has closed for a refurb until the middle of the month.
cwathen

Philip wrote:The new TSB website looks like something out of 2003, not 2013. I had my hopes up after seeing the very nice https://www.introducinglloydsbank.com/ too. Hopefully it's just temporary during the switch.
Ooh, aliased logo and designed for 800x600 unless I'm very much mistaken.

Time for one last gratuitous 'temporary signage' photo before the big unveiling tomorrow...here is Exeter city centre LTSB yesterday morning, where the delightful 'cardboard boxes with plastic strapping' effort it's been wearing for the past month or so looking about ready to fall off.

Philip

It also seems you can't visit the website by putting in tsb.co.uk, it has to be www.tsb.co.uk.

Meanwhile, TSB has uploaded a video to it's YouTube channel, 'TSB: The story:'

james2001

I've just remembered a high street rebrand that seemed to pass everybody by- and that was the 2008 rebranding of Woolworths! Towards the back end of 2008, they introduced a new logo, which was lower case, I remember it being used on both print & TV ads and on the website, but I'm not sure whether it actually got as far as appearing on any actual stores, products or carrier bags. Of course, only a few weeks after it was introduced, they went into administration, and the administrators went back to using the old logo, and it seems hardly anybody noticed the logo changed in the first place!

However, digging on archive.org, I managed to find a cache of the website from the very brief period that logo was in use: http://web.archive.org/web/200810062118 ... /index.jsp

Looking at the cached versions of the website, the logo was introduced in early September, so it only had about 2 months of use before the administrators were called in and it was scrapped.
wells

james2001 wrote: However, digging on archive.org, I managed to find a cache of the website from the very brief period that logo was in use: http://web.archive.org/web/200810062118 ... /index.jsp
Wasn't it first used on a music download service?
WillPS

james2001 wrote:I've just remembered a high street rebrand that seemed to pass everybody by- and that was the 2008 rebranding of Woolworths! Towards the back end of 2008, they introduced a new logo, which was lower case, I remember it being used on both print & TV ads and on the website, but I'm not sure whether it actually got as far as appearing on any actual stores, products or carrier bags. Of course, only a few weeks after it was introduced, they went into administration, and the administrators went back to using the old logo, and it seems hardly anybody noticed the logo changed in the first place!

However, digging on archive.org, I managed to find a cache of the website from the very brief period that logo was in use: http://web.archive.org/web/200810062118 ... /index.jsp

Looking at the cached versions of the website, the logo was introduced in early September, so it only had about 2 months of use before the administrators were called in and it was scrapped.
I think all promotional material (printed at least) maintained the old one at that point, as evidenced by the Christmas catalogue with the older logo on that screengrab. Perhaps they were going for a different logo for the website?

In any case, it's nicer than the horrid thing the current online operation uses, but I'd say not as good as the longstanding logo it replaced.