Another High Street Rebrand

thegeek

Andrew wrote:Midsomer Place in Milton Keynes seems to have escaped the rebrand, from looking at the intu website.
Curiously, so has Bristol's The Mall - not to be confused with any of The Mall Company's's The Malls.
Pete

Surely the difference with Merry Hill was the rebrand was part of an attempt to relaunch a long neglected shopping centre whereas the intu stuff is nothing more than brand willy waving of the worst kind.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
WillPS

Pete wrote:Surely the difference with Merry Hill was the rebrand was part of an attempt to relaunch a long neglected shopping centre whereas the intu stuff is nothing more than brand willy waving of the worst kind.
Not really. I expect they'd have rebranded regardless of the handful of changes they made to Merry Hill - see [Westfield ]Broadmarsh.
Finn

wells wrote:Yeah, no one is going to say "I'm going to 'Intu Trafford Centre".
Or worse still, 'I'm going into the Intu Trafford Centre'

(sorry!)

Something about the font and the colouring of the bird makes me think of Barclaycard every time I see the (horrible) new branding.
wells

thegeek wrote:
Andrew wrote:Midsomer Place in Milton Keynes seems to have escaped the rebrand, from looking at the intu website.
Curiously, so has Bristol's The Mall - not to be confused with any of The Mall Company's's The Malls.
Isn't that due to it being a joint venture? For the record there was a Mall company 'The Mall' in Bristol city centre, but it seems to have been sold since the gorgeous Cabot Circus centre (below) opened in the city centre.

cwathen

thegeek wrote:
If we end up with 'Intu Bristol' that'll be an interesting situation indeed, as nobody ever calls it by it's current name, let alone a rebranded one; 'The Mall' in Bristol is universally referred to as 'Cribbs Causeway' with the general unwashed genuinely believing that's what it's called, when 'Cribbs Causeway' is actually a blanket brand for the entire area, of which 'The Mall' is only a small part. Even the official website has to refer to it as 'The Mall at Cribbs Causeway' for clarity and uses mallcribbs.com as a URL.
wells

Noticed this in the Co-Op today, looks like a new Dairy Milk logo on the way.

Anyway Dairy Milk hasn't been the same since they changed the shape in a poor attempt at disguising the fact they've made the bars smaller.

I've noticed most new Cadbury products seem to be variations of what's being sold under the Milka brand in continental Europe these days. Although I did go into an independent connivence store that sells a number of Eastern European products and I've noticed Cadbury's Caramel brand has been adapted to work alongside the Milka brand.

Whataday

cwathen wrote:
thegeek wrote:
If we end up with 'Intu Bristol' that'll be an interesting situation indeed, as nobody ever calls it by it's current name, let alone a rebranded one; 'The Mall' in Bristol is universally referred to as 'Cribbs Causeway' with the general unwashed genuinely believing that's what it's called, when 'Cribbs Causeway' is actually a blanket brand for the entire area, of which 'The Mall' is only a small part. Even the official website has to refer to it as 'The Mall at Cribbs Causeway' for clarity and uses mallcribbs.com as a URL.
St David's Cardiff has survived in tact too as it is a 50:50 partnership.
madmusician

Returning to the long-discussed topic of the Lloyds/TSB de-merger, I got a snazzy booklet through the post this morning welcoming me to the new Lloyds Bank with a reinforcement of their ethos.

It looks like the CGI figures have been dropped from the branding - surely not?!
Andrew Wood

'Eagerly' awaiting the reveal of the new signage covered by the temporary signage...

thegeek

Meanwhile, in Glasgow...

Good thing it's just temporary - it's a bit, er, subtle.