Another High Street Rebrand

Beep

thegeek wrote:It looks like Argos are going to be trying out a new concept - I was in a branch in London's Old Street yesterday, and they had a recruitment notice on the door, the text of which is also on their jobs site:
Argos are changing! Our Old Street Store is under going a transformation!

The store will be different from any Argos store you have seen before. It will signal a new phase in our plans to be a digital retail leader. This means we are creating a new shopping experience for customers, and need people who can bring this to life.

Our plans are exciting. We are looking for people who share our passion for serving customers and who are confident using technology.
They've got the same job ads up online for Chancery Lane, Marble Arch and Old Kent Road.
Orders on iPads and the end of the little grey door?
marksi

thegeek wrote:
Argos are changing!
They've got the same job ads up online for Chancery Lane, Marble Arch and Old Kent Road.
Perhaps someone will correct the grammar before the concept spreads further.
JAS84

Yeah, Argos may end in an S, but the word is singular and therefore that should read "Argos IS changing". :lol:
Sput

Maybe Argo is the singular
Knight knight
all new Phil

Argo fuck yourself.
cwathen

thegeek wrote:It looks like Argos are going to be trying out a new concept - I was in a branch in London's Old Street yesterday, and they had a recruitment notice on the door, the text of which is also on their jobs site:
Perhaps Argos would care to complete their last 2 rebrands before embarking on yet another one. Stumbled across this poor store in Nottingham recently, still with the pre-1999 logo outside (and aren't those lines behind it from the mid-80's?)...
Andrew

Hasn't Broadmarsh in Nottingham been on the verge of refurbishment/rebuilding for about a decade, hence why Argos may not be bothering to refurb their store?

The interior and what was the Elizabeth Duke counter is also equally dated.
scottishtv

I read in the newspaper last week that the TSB transfer takes place on 9th September, so the TSB branches will be revealed. However, the Lloyds Bank rebrand is still being described as 'later this year' so unlikely to see both change on the same day.
Nick Harvey
God

9th September is confirmed in the latest letters to customers (on both sides of the divide) and in messages on Internet Banking. I first heard it verbally, however, about a month ago, from a C&G employee when I went in. If you've got what is about to become a "legacy" C&G account, it's worth going in on the 9th and transferring your money over into a new TSB account to improve your interest rate.
JAS84

Andrew wrote:Hasn't Broadmarsh in Nottingham been on the verge of refurbishment/rebuilding for about a decade, hence why Argos may not be bothering to refurb their store?

The interior and what was the Elizabeth Duke counter is also equally dated.
At least for the last six years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadmarsh
Pete

madmusician wrote:Incidentally, am I right in thinking that the deposit system in Lloyds cashpoints has disappeared recently? You used to be able to ask for an envelope, put it into the ATM and key in how much (cash or cheques) you had deposited. But when I tried recently to do this there was no option for this - in new cashpoints in the centre of the town.
no i recently did this at my TSB. Could it be perhaps that the Lloyds machines won't let you use the new TSB cards?
"He has to be larger than bacon"