Another High Street Rebrand

Chie

It would be Currys' - a shop belonging to the Currys (plural).

Boots also began life as a family business according to this page.
The Boot family began trading in 1849, selling herbal remedies from a small store in Goose Gate, Nottingham.
So Boots' is punctually correct, but I think Boots is more aesthetically pleasing.
James L H

There is a version of the PC World / Currys advert that only features the currys logo at the end and the circle orb. Could the PC World name be dropped then?
Chris

Could be? But I do like the new PC World / Currys orb though.
Alexia

Chie wrote:
Chie wrote:So Boots' is punctually correct, but I think Boots is more aesthetically pleasing.
Actually, "Boots" is correct - the s is a plural. It refers to 'Boots the chemists' (more than once chemist called Boot), as opposed to 'the pharmacy belong to Boot'.
You're quite right!
But the first ever shop was John Boot's chemist. Who were the other Boots?
WillPS

I'm pretty sure it originally traded as John Boot something-or-other, only becoming Boots when Jesse Boot expanded - by then it was of course the Boot family's.
Critique

Poundland have taken the old shell of Woolworths as their new home near me, although I fail to see what they're going to fill a shop as big as Woolies was with the amount of things they sold in their old one here. And actually, they seem to have just stocked the same stuff in a bigger space, with less tills and wider isles.
Alexia

Critique wrote:Poundland have taken the old shell of Woolworths as their new home near me, although I fail to see what they're going to fill a shop as big as Woolies was with the amount of things they sold in their old one here. And actually, they seem to have just stocked the same stuff in a bigger space, with less tills and wider isles.
Poundland have taken a floorspace similar in size to a Woolies in Newport - they just have more tat. And food too (sandwiches, milk, cheese etc). Right next door? A B&M Bargains.
Chie

Gap's got a new logo.

Thankfully it's only a stopgap according to an update on their Facebook page.
Gap Thanks for everyone’s input on the new logo! We’ve had the same logo for 20+ years, and this is just one of the things we’re changing. We know this logo created a lot of buzz and we’re thrilled to see passionate debates unfolding! So much so we’re asking you to share your designs. We love our version, but we’d like to see other ideas. Stay tuned for details in the next few days on this crowd sourcing project.
Finn

Chie wrote:Gap's got a new logo.

I'm not sure how a (fairly conventional) choice of font and a small square counts a s a logo. *sigh*
Nick Harvey
God

I thought the same, but was slightly more amused by it being described as a 'stopgap'.
Finn

Nick Harvey wrote:I thought the same, but was slightly more amused by it being described as a 'stopgap'.
Oh, I missed that witticism.

*grimaces*