Another High Street Rebrand

Alexia

Sorry Bilky - what exactly is wrong with the Carpetright logo in that GSV picture you've linked to? Looks fine to me.

And just because a logo is made up of two different fonts and mixing small and capital letters, doesn't mean it isn't one word.

Cache

Alexia wrote:Sorry Bilky - what exactly is wrong with the Carpetright logo in that GSV picture you've linked to? Looks fine to me.

And just because a logo is made up of two different fonts and mixing small and capital letters, doesn't mean it isn't one word.
It's stretched. I drive past it often. And on the other side of the building is a squashed one.
Gavin Scott
Admin

Ah yes - Benjamin Shatlift assisted with the signage.
bilky asko

Alexia wrote:Sorry Bilky - what exactly is wrong with the Carpetright logo in that GSV picture you've linked to? Looks fine to me.

Perhaps this link will clear things up.

Also, I know perfectly well what a word is. I find it unusual that their logo differs to their official name, however. They do it in their official way on their corporate site.
Jake

Saw a combined Currys/PC World advert air tonight, advertising sale deals in both stores.

EDIT: Oh and apparently my local is going to be a combined store too, not sure how that's going work though.
Jake

Pics: (I don't have pause on my TV so they're not great)

The capitalised Currys logo is interesting.
Cache

Well that certainly improves the rather bland new logo. Guessing they won't rebrand stores again to incorporate it though.
James L H

When I saw the TV ad last night for currys, it didn't have PC world name after the circle. I led me to think that they had dropped the PC World brand. :?
Nick Harvey
God

I wonder if they're leaving themselves the option of adding an apostrophe at the end of 'Currys' at some point in the future and simply make it a single name?
Jake

Vertical version off a web ad.
Alexia

Nick Harvey wrote:I wonder if they're leaving themselves the option of adding an apostrophe at the end of 'Currys' at some point in the future and simply make it a single name?
Why doesn't it have an apostrophe now? As in Curry's - shop owned by the Curry family? (namely H Curry & Sons).

Also I notice Boots isn't Boot's (John Boot). Dixons was just a random name picked from the telephone book, apparently.