Another High Street Rebrand

Cache

xwing123456 wrote:
Mattarz wrote:So as predicted, most Currys stores are now absorbing PC World and taking on a very simple but nice brand. It was pointless to have both running side by side with so much product crossover.
I can see a full merger arriving soon...
What do you mean by that? PC World and Currys are already the same company; DSG (Dixons).
all new Phil

PC Wurrys?
rdobbie

WillPS wrote:
Invent Meridian wrote:Oh dear, why would Bhs want to ditch their iconic 'script' logo in favour of that dull, plain Sans Serif text?
Hardly iconic - it's barely 10 years old!
Surprisingly, it's nearer to 20 years old. It was definitely around in 1993 and I seem to recall it was first unveiled as early as 1991.
Inspector Sands wrote:Not the worst, BHS are very inconsistant. Have a look at this branch of BhS: http://bit.ly/cPPIKq
That's really surprised me - I had no idea the 1980s logo was still on shop fronts today. It looks so dated that it seriously damages the store's image. I really don't understand it; companies like BHS must spend a fortune on the other arms of their marketing and presentation, so you'd think it'd be relatively cheap to stick a few new signs up where they matter most.

I can think of many instances of retailers failing to update exterior signage across all their stores. In most cases it's understandable (e.g. when M&S changed its logo from one minimalist font to a slightly different minimalist font) but this is remarkable because that 1980's BhS logo is so heavily stylised and rooted in its decade. Even "normal" people (i.e. not branding anoraks like us) must surely notice that it's a bit of a shocker.

It smacks of a "head in the sand" corporate mentality, à la Woolworths and Little Chef pre-Blumenthal.
Pete

rdobbie wrote: and Little Chef pre-Blumenthal.
they used to do a bottomless mug of tea pre-him. now you get a miserable pot that gets cold by the time your meal arrives.

Also I feel I should point out that I always think his face is upside down every time I look at him.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Finn

Pete wrote:Also I feel I should point out that I always think his face is upside down every time I look at him.
<complete irrelevance>
I have a friend who refers to him as 'Heston Blooming-eck'
</complete irrelevance>
Nick Harvey
God

<even more irrelevance>

Since his appearance on the Little Chef series, I've started calling him Heston Services.

</even more irrelevance>
Jake

Mattarz wrote: Image
Weirdly my local PC World has this signage up, albeit a temporary version. It has absorbed the Currys on the other side of the retail park whilst it is refurbished, I thought they were merging the two at first, the Currys is an old one (red and white logo), the PC World is new and shiny. But it seems that the standalone Currys will live on.
Philip

Our Curry's and PC World were next to each other in the same building, so they knocked through to create our new megastore.
m-in-m

Ah I wonder if that is what the plan is in Cambridge. I saw a sign up outside the PC World saying they would be closing for some works - which is strange considering it wasn't long since they last closed for a refit.
nwtv2003

Philip wrote:Our Curry's and PC World were next to each other in the same building, so they knocked through to create our new megastore.
Same here in Warrington too, they had PC World shut and Currys open and even then it was a scaled back unimpressive looking Currys.
steve
Cache

Lloyds TSB is to rebrand to Lloyds Bank by 2013. This coincides with the disappearance of most Halifax stores from Scotland, which will soon be followed by a disappearance of all Lloyds TSB Scotland branches.

See more.

Can't say I was surprised.