Newquay Lifeguard Hoodies

Anonymous

Thursday this week I went to Newquay for the day. It was the final day of my holiday in Cornwall (I've said on another thread that last Sunday morning I set off for Cornwall for a four night stay Sunday to Wednesday evening, and returned home Thursday evening - hence why I wasn't on Metropol or TV Room last weekend).

Whilst I wandered around the town centre, I saw several shops selling Newquay Lifeguard t-shirts and hoodies, with LIFEGUARD FISTRAL BEACH emblazoned on them. Also I saw a number of passers by in the town donning them. The dominant colour is red, but other colours are available.

The thing is, they are available in the town centre shops for the general public to buy, and wear. What if you bought one and wore it on Fistral Beach? Wouldn't there be a danger of others mistaking you for a genuine lifeguard? Surely there MUST be some regulation in place down there to ensure these novelty hoodies and t-shirts sold to tourists are not the same as the uniforms worn by genuine lifeguards (which ought not to be available to the general public).

Does anyone have any information on this matter? I've noticed there is another forum member who is from mid Cornwall, can you help?
Jovis

Tumble Tower wrote:TV Room
TV Room? I didn't realise you weren't on there last weekend!
Anonymous

Jovis wrote:
Oops! I meant TV Home. Anyway, I wasn't on the internet full stop. In fact my Packard Bell Athlon PC (almost 7 years old) which I use to access the net through AOL Broadband Gold wasn't even switched on at all last weekend, I didn't get to go anywhere near it.
Jovis

Tumble Tower wrote:
Jovis wrote:
Oops! I meant TV Home.
TV Home? I wouldn't expect anybody to spend much time on there anyway, it shut down ages ago.
Anonymous

Jovis wrote:
Tumble Tower wrote:
Jovis wrote: TV Room? I didn't realise you weren't on there last weekend!
Oops! I meant TV Home.
TV Home? I wouldn't expect anybody to spend much time on there anyway, it shut down ages ago.
Oh well TV Forum then. That's what I meant, although one bit of it is called TV Home Forum.

Now can we get on with what I was on about in my opening note, Newquay lifeguard hoodies (the ones sold to tourists).
Jovis

Tumble Tower wrote:Metropol or TV Room
Shouldn't it be TV Forum?
Ronnie Rowlands

Tumble Tower wrote:, Newquay lifeguard hoodies (the ones sold to tourists).
can we stay on topic please Tumbler, this thread is about Tvforum
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.
Jovis

Tumble Tower wrote:Oops! I meant TV Home.
Hang on, don't you mean TV Forum?
Pete

Surely "TV Home Forum" should be TF1 ?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Jovis

Let's see... How does it work? Ah yes, you take the broadcaster, and asign them a letter... A for Asa, or would it be H for Hicks? In fact, could it be Asa's middle name? But we don't know what it is, so we'll make do with H, as it's more formal to take the surname inital. Okay, then don't we take the EPG order? So we could take the IP address as it is not on any EPG. So... Oh, no, it's the order of channels from the broadcaster, so 2, taking into account that TV Home was first. Or wouldn't it be one of Asa's other sites? Oh, this is very complicated, we should leave it up to TT.
Ronnie Rowlands

Hymagumba wrote:Surely "TV Home Forum" should be TF1 ?
Dear Mr.Gumba

Regarding your reference to myforum coding 22:57 on 7/7/07, they are infact innaccurate, I've typed up my forum coding to asplode your brain.

TV home Forum-1T
The Newsroom- 2T
Mocks-3T
Media websites- 4T
Requests- 5T
Metropol- 6T1

1973 1998 and other dates

linga longa da de de dumblethwee

From Tumble Tower
Ronnie is victorious, vivacious in victory like a venomous dog. Vile Republicans cease living while the religious retort with rueful rhetoric. These rank thugs resort to violence and swear revenge.

But Ronnie can punch through steel so they lose anyway.