New London 2012 Logo

cat

The new-look London Olympics logo is being unveiled later on today.

Previews have been emailed around already, and if you want a quick look...

http://www.london2012.com/about-newlook-video.html

I warn you now, if you've got epilepsy you will not want to watch (especially towards the end).

I think it's unutterably dire.
rob

Oh dear god... that's fucking awful.

Obviously thought up by a 3 year old.
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Spencer For Hire

I thought the previous logo was pretty poor. The significance of the coloured ribbon intertwining through the letters to form the shape of the map of the Thames would have been lost on anyone outside the UK.

However this replacement is actually a lot worse. It says nothing about the city or the country. Just some jagged shapes loosely spelling out 2012. Very uninspired.
Gluben

Reminds me of some sort of 1980s, Channel 4 Blocks-style ident, advert or video game. Absolutely wretched.
Bail

Stupid debug error.
Bail

Ha, thats truly rubbish, its looks so out dated too and what is with that stupid noise it makes...

What was wrong with the above exactly? I thought the ribbons following the line of the Thames was a fab idea.

http://www.london2012.com/ - just relaunched
Sput

80s!
noelfirl

nodnirG kraM wrote:Is it the 1980s again!?? My god that's crap beyond belief - what happened to the shape of the Thames as a olympic-coloured ribbon flowing through the words?? That was classy!

But, as Spencer said, it would be completely lost on the rest of the world.

Predictable as though it may be, I would have gone for the usual mix of the Eye, Big Ben, St. Paul's, etc, with those landmarks being stylised into blocks and perhaps bright contrasting colours. But not just jagged edged shite like that, oh no.
mark from the thread on TVF wrote:There is some hope, though... This is from the official website of the Games:
Available in four colours – pink, blue, green and orange - the new emblem is modern and will be dynamic, evolving in the years between now and 2012.
Like I said over there, this could hopefully mean that the logo changes over time into something more formed and reminiscent of an actual symbol. It's not likely though.
Jamez
Banned

It's all very 1987-1990 in its style of graphics isnt it?

I kept being reminded of ITV's long gone shitfest show that was Movies, Games and Videos.
User Removed
Sput

I see Lord Coe has claimed it's to capture the imagination of "Young people", which would be fine except the young people he's thinking of reside in the 1980s.
ashley b

It's very Newsround early nineties isn't it?

Kinda reminds me of the original Channel 5 logo too, the pink, yellow, green, orange & blue colours. But then the fact it was created by the same people may suggest another link there (Wolff Olins).

Doesn't look great now, dread to think how bad it'll have dated even more by 2012.
*whistle*