After Eight Mints

Anonymous

After Eights - the famous wafer thin chocolates with mint fondant filling. They are "after dinner mints", and are traditionally served at the end of a dinner party.

When I was a kid we always insisted on getting a box of After Eights every Christmas.

A number of similar rivals, e.g. Nipsi Mint, have appeared over the years.

Discuss After Eights here.
Jovis

I prefer middle eights myself. You know, the ones in music.
Philip Cobbold

Doctor Who has a middle eight in it's theme tune. However in the revival of the series in 2005 it was cut out for some reason. Thankfully it was reinstated for the first Christmas special.
Anonymous

Jovis wrote:I prefer middle eights myself. You know, the ones in music.
Are you winding me up or what? After you put messages in about After Eights into my middle eights thread, I set up this After Eights thread for you to discuss After Eights. Now you come here and put a message in about middle eights (music).

Let's clarify the situation:

After Eights (chocolate mints) - THIS THREAD
Middle Eights (music) - the middle eights thread
Jovis

Murray Gold, who composed the Dr Who theme tune is from Portsmouth, just like me.
Sput

Did he also write the music to 8 Simple Rules for dating my teenage daughter?
Mich

I can see how people are getting mixed up, but i'm sure we'll all heed the quote below and only talk about middle eights in this thread...
Tumble Tower wrote:
nodnirG kraM wrote:Those After Eights munchies are great - you'd feel a fool munching your way through a normal packet of them on a train after all. Like the sound of this fondant recipe - presume the flavouring is some form of mint essense? Perhaps a little vanilla in there too for good measure?
Not another comment about After Eights? This thread is about middle eights in songs, NOT After Eights.
Jenny

Jovis wrote:Murray Gold, who composed the Dr Who theme tune is from Portsmouth, just like me.
I wonder whether he's related to Terry Sall Gold, the delicious alternative to After Eight mints.

But this may be in the wrong thread.
Jovis

Jenny wrote:But this may be in the wrong thread.
Yes, this is the thread about middle eights.
MarkN

Jovis wrote:
Jenny wrote:But this may be in the wrong thread.
Yes, this is the thread about middle eights.
Which thread do you post in if you want to talk about sitting on the toilet, whilst playing with your Wii, eating After Eights and listening to songs that contain middle eights?
Lorns

Not so fast Mark. I'm considering opening a thread discussing perfect bank holidays and hiccups. You could talk after eight mints in there seeing as its those bloody things that have given me hiccups and the copious amounts of vodka seabreezes have given me an acid attack.

Talking of Acid does Pink Flloyd have a middle 8?
Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?