Microsoft Word

cdd

Does anyone know how, when you open a document, to make Word return to the last editing point? So it puts the caret where it was when you closed the document.
MarkN

cdd wrote:Does anyone know how, when you open a document, to make Word return to the last editing point? So it puts the caret where it was when you closed the document.
Apparently according to this website, you can press "Shift+F5" to move the caret to the last editing point. However, there is apparently a bug in Word 2000 and above that removes the last editing point information from the file, if you don't explicitly save the file (Ctrl+S or File/Save) before closing Word.
Stuart*
Banned

That doesn't sound a very good solution if it deletes the last entry sometimes.

The method I have used on long and complicated documents is to place a unique word at your last edit point (I used "oscardog") then simply do a search when you next load the file. It's worked for me for years!
User removed
MarkN

StuartPlymouth wrote:That doesn't sound a very good solution if it deletes the last entry sometimes.

The method I have used on long and complicated documents is to place a unique word at your last edit point (I used "oscardog") then simply do a search when you next load the file. It's worked for me for years!
That doesn't sound a very good solution if you have to remember to put a unique word in every time! :P