Referendum
No votes
Green
No votes
Other (Please specify)
7%

Total votes: 44
nwtv2003

I voted Conservative yesterday, although it made naff all difference, as Warrington still remains No Overall Control, it's between Labour and Lib Dems who are both frankly a right bunch of useless tossers on the Council who don't get their priorities right.

I was tempted to vote for an Independent running in my Village, who had raised good points over a matter of a Local (Historical) School being demolished, which has caused alot of friction around my neck of the woods.
steve
Johnny

We didn't have a local election in LB Redbridge but I wish we had, the Tory council are useless where I am. All they keep doing is selling off carparks & commerical areas for fucking flats :evil:
Johnny

Harry Hill : "What is it about people that repair shoes that makes them so good at cutting keys? Try going in there with a shoe shaped like a key and see how confused they get."
Katnap

Well, my council is still under no overall control, although the focus has shifted from Labour-Lib Dem to Tory-Lib Dem. I am also sad to say that we're home to one of the "historic" four BNP councillors to have popped up in the East Midlands (the other three being in Leicestershire).

Although the lady ran an assertive campaign and I suppose by that earned her seat, so credit to her, considering that she was up against two independents and a Labour candidate and the ward is out in the sticks (I had to look up where the hell it was) it's not exactly what I would call a resounding victory. It bothers me that we've got a BNP councillor - but at the same time I think that I would be far more troubled if one of their candidates down this way had got in, due to the proximity of Nottingham University and all the "bloody foreigners" that brings into my neck of the woods.
What the fuck is a samoflange?
MattM

In Bedford, we were trialing a new computerised counting system. Obviously, it broke, so we're only just hearing who won the council election. It's NOC as always but I as yet have no idea who won in my ward and have no idea who won in the mayoral election. Useless.
GNiel

I WON!!!! :D :D :D :D

I won as an Independent candidate!!!!!!! Unfortunately I also suffered verbal assault from the chairman of the local tories!!! :roll:
lukey

MattM wrote:In Bedford, we were trialing a new computerised counting system. Obviously, it broke, so we're only just hearing who won the council election. It's NOC as always but I as yet have no idea who won in my ward and have no idea who won in the mayoral election. Useless.
Would you be trialling the same system that was given a complete rollout in Scotland? It works fabulously, honest.