"Ignore User" functionality - Greasemonkey script

MarkN

I have quickly hacked together a Greasemonkey script that will allow you to ignore certain users on this board (their posts are hidden until you click on a link).

Greasemonkey is an extension for Mozilla Firefox, so this won't work in Internet Explorer. Sorry!

To install:

1. Install the Greasemonkey extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748/
2. Click on this link to install the script http://www.gorillaenterprises.co.uk/upl ... re.user.js

To ignore a user, click on the "[x]" that will appear next to their username next to their posts. Click the "[x]" again to remove the user from your ignore list.

This is a very rough hack, but it works for me. Any improvements are welcome!

Picture of the script in action
Finn

Now that's something I call useful - there's a similar facility built into another (non-php) forum I use.

Thanks.
Explorer

MarkN wrote:I have quickly hacked together a Greasemonkey script that will allow you to ignore certain users on this board (their posts are hidden until you click on a link).

Greasemonkey is an extension for Mozilla Firefox, so this won't work in Internet Explorer. Sorry!

To install:

1. Install the Greasemonkey extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748/
2. Click on this link to install the script http://www.gorillaenterprises.co.uk/upl ... re.user.js

To ignore a user, click on the "[x]" that will appear next to their username next to their posts. Click the "[x]" again to remove the user from your ignore list.

This is a very rough hack, but it works for me. Any improvements are welcome!
Thanks for this, I'm using it now!
James Martin

Thanks! This has come in extremely handy.
Pete

James Martin wrote:Thanks! This has come in extremely handy.
I thought it was ignore user, not ignore forum.

Plus I thought you used IE, for the purpose to spite the people on here who like firefox.
"He has to be larger than bacon"
James Martin

Hymagumba wrote:
James Martin wrote:Thanks! This has come in extremely handy.
I thought it was ignore user, not ignore forum.

Plus I thought you used IE, for the purpose to spite the people on here who like firefox.
The safety of my PC comes first. Even before pissing a cunt like you off.
JonathanTVF

BANG and Banksoriginal is gone! Will it work on TVF?
MarkN

JonathanTVF wrote:BANG and Banksoriginal is gone! Will it work on TVF?
Probably not... I had to mess around with it quite a bit to get it working on this forum. (The original script assumes you're using the default phpBB template)

If I find myself with another couple of hours to spare, I might have a look. Anyone with some knowledge of JavaScript scripting is welcome to try to do it themselves (and improve this code while they're at it).
Gavin Scott
Admin

MarkN wrote:
JonathanTVF wrote:BANG and Banksoriginal is gone! Will it work on TVF?
Probably not... I had to mess around with it quite a bit to get it working on this forum. (The original script assumes you're using the default phpBB template)

If I find myself with another couple of hours to spare, I might have a look. Anyone with some knowledge of JavaScript scripting is welcome to try to do it themselves (and improve this code while they're at it).
It's a very elegant solution to the issues raised by some members.

I'm much obliged that you took the time.
James Martin

Indeed, hopefully Metropol will be a happier place for it.