CCTV of Police punching woman

MarkN

antony wrote:
MarkN wrote:Have you considered the possibility that the skin colour of the people involved may be completely coincidental?
No
antony wrote:but it is not hard to figure out that the white police officer would not have punched with all his force to a white lady.
I have heard about a number of incidents where a white woman has been assaulted by a white man.

It may have been a racist incident: that's for the relevant authorities/a jury to decide. However, I am led to believe that this has to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt. I don't think that you can immediately jump to the conclusion that it was a racist incident.
Lorns

Mental anxiety, Mental breakdowns, Menstrual cramps, Menopause... Did you ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?
antony

Hymagumba wrote:Perhaps he's been close to Tidus for too long.
I thought Tidus was white.
Antony from SillyDog701 | MacCentre701
AntBlog701, a very happy Mac user
marksi

antony wrote:
marksi wrote:Why is it that you think you know better?
Never said so.
I think you'll find you did.
antony wrote:The situation seems clear to me a racist issue.
Gavin Scott
Admin

antony wrote:
Never said so.
You're perfectly entitled to hold your own views on this matter, but your use of bold text for black and white seems incredibly patronising.

You might want to refer to the BBC's Newswatch programme (available to watch via the BBC News site). It dealt with coverage of the story, including the many hundreds of complaints about how the story was reported. The editor of N24, as well as Look North (who handled it locally) now accept that more was made of the "race issue" than was warranted.

Some people of course would insist that the use of force *was* racially motivated. The rest of us would say otherwise. It is therefore reasonable for a news provider to have at least reflected those views in the story.

Of course there's one way to be sure not to get thumped by the police - don't cause criminal damage to some poor sod's car when you're pissed out of your head.

The victim here was the car owner. Not the woman who got a thump for her trouble.
antony

marksi wrote:
antony wrote:
Never said so.
Based on the news report, it is a racist issue.

Of course, I don't know better than those who actually involved. However the news report suggests the white PC was making a false statement to cover himself up.
Gavin Scott
Admin

antony wrote:
marksi wrote:
antony wrote:Never said so.
Based on the news report, it is a racist issue.

Of course, I don't know better than those who actually involved. However the news report suggests the white PC was making a false statement to cover himself up.
Read my post above yours. The news providers have accepted that pushing the "racial aspect" was innappropriate; and further accept that neither the woman nor her familiy beleive it to be racially motivated.

And for god's sake stop with the bold text. We're not idiots.
antony

Gavin Scott wrote:Read my post above yours.
Sorry, I did not notice your post when replying.