MP4 Converting

Reeves

To add on to my other converting query...

I have videos I recorded on my mobile that I am trying to edit using Ulead Videostudio. My phone records in a MP4 format, so UVS doesn't want to know about it. I used the ImTOO Mpeg Converter for a while. Converting to MPEG displays "fail" next to it's details. I convert to AVI successfully, and then UVS comes up saying that the file isn't accessable. I've not been converting to WMV which both converts to and also works with UVS. However, recently, the converting has been going totally wrong. The videos now have lip-sync problems, with the audio track being about five seconds off. I gave up with ImToo...

and I have also given up with seven other different converters which have similar problems. Some, which actually manage to convert to MPEG, lead UVS to complain again saying it's not accessable. I have to admit that this predicament is getting on my tits as I need these edited and touched-up videos a.s.a.p. Can anyone recommend a converter that WORKS - or can you tell me why UVS displays that message - OR why I've been suddenly getting lip-sync problems on my converted videos?

Many thanks