Weird PVR Problem - any ideas?

cwathen

A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to a nice twin tuner PVR. I'm happy with it except for one curious problem - for some reason only one of the tuners can receive multiplex D!

When I first got it succesfully stored all the channels but then if you went onto a multiplex D channel you got a 'no signal' message. Bizzarelly, if you set that tuner recording which means you then have to watch with the other tuner, the said channels can then be received! Thinking that it was some sort of weird glitch in the setup process, I rescanned the channels. Although the scan process pauses at channel 50 (where mux D is) it doesn't detect any channels there. Presumably the original setup process used one tuner whilst the menu option uses the other.

If it affected both tuners I could believe that it's a reception issue or intereference caused by BBC1 analogue which is broadcast right next to it on channel 51 (although even that I'd find hard to accept when I've used a string of various boxes on the same aerial and have never had any problem before) but how on earth can one tuner be able to pick up a multiplex but the other tuner in the same box not be able to?

But if it's a fault, it has to be the most bizarre one I've ever come across. Anyone got any ideas?