13 Amps and Three Square Pins

Nick Harvey
God

Slagathor. wrote:By any chance, do you have any of the Viewdata ones saved somewhere?
Not in true viewdata form, I'm afraid. Any of the early methods of conversion from viewdata to html lost all the graphics.

What's been retained (to the annoyance of some who don't like the brightness) is the cyan background with the alternate blue and red paragraphs.

It used to be just two paragraphs per sub-page, then you had to hit the # button to move on to the next two.

Each edition would go down to the w, x or y sub-page, so would be, pretty well, fixed at between 46 and 50 paragraphs.

The earlier radio versions just started with a sheet of A4 with a few bullet points scribbled on it, then about five minutes of ad-lib from the ideas on the sheet. No formal script, as such. I've still got one or two on reel-to-reel tape, but they're a bit parochial, so probably of little interest now.
Slagathor.
Banned

Ah, well. It would have been nice. Thanks for the in-depth info, though.
"Now, if you'll look to your right, you'll see my waning libido, my crushed soul, and my very last nerve, which I would advise you not to get on, under or even close to."
Pete

Nick Harvey wrote:I've still got one or two on reel-to-reel tape, but they're a bit parochial, so probably of little interest now.
Do they include jingles like your masterpiece for Polar?
"He has to be larger than bacon"
Nick Harvey
God

Hymagumba wrote:Do they include jingles like your masterpiece for Polar?
Afraid not.

Just "meaningful speech" as they used to call it at BRMB.
tvmercia

how about good, old fashioned irish stew to warm you through?
Jamez
Banned

I wish I had some of Nick's old jingles.

South Yorkshire Caravans
Polar Ford in Barnsley
Jaqueline's Restaurant

Any more, Nick?
User Removed
Nick Harvey
God

Hell, there were hundreds, or possibly just over a thousand.

A whole series, that seemed to go on for years and years, for some builders merchants in Hereford, or somewhere in the Wyvern area.

A couple of years promoting the Sheffield AIDS line on radio, till they decided I didn't sound quite sympathetic enough.

Whole sets for South Yorkshire Caravans, Polar, Video House and others.

Then all the one-offs and I'd hate to try to count them.
Jamez
Banned

Nick Harvey wrote:Hell, there were hundreds, or possibly just over a thousand.

A whole series, that seemed to go on for years and years, for some builders merchants in Hereford, or somewhere in the Wyvern area.

A couple of years promoting the Sheffield AIDS line on radio, till they decided I didn't sound quite sympathetic enough.

Whole sets for South Yorkshire Caravans, Polar, Video House and others.

Then all the one-offs and I'd hate to try to count them.
:o

Oh please upload a wide selection! The cheesier the better! :D
User Removed
Nick Harvey
God

Jamez wrote:Oh please upload a wide selection! The cheesier the better!
Find me somebody who's throwing out a reel-to-reel machine that still works and will take ten-and-a-half inch spools and you might get a pleasant surprise.

Nearly all my archive stuff is marooned on tape and I don't have a machine at home that takes over seven inch reels.

I don't mind hiring studio time if there's going to be a profit in it, but I'm afraid I draw the line at paying just to convert archive stuff.
Jamez
Banned

Nick Harvey wrote:
Find me somebody who's throwing out a reel-to-reel machine that still works and will take ten-and-a-half inch spools and you might get a pleasant surprise.

Nearly all my archive stuff is marooned on tape and I don't have a machine at home that takes over seven inch reels.

I don't mind hiring studio time if there's going to be a profit in it, but I'm afraid I draw the line at paying just to convert archive stuff.
Not even the studios I work at has a R2R machine.

Everything is digital now. Shows, ads, songs, promos, sweepers and jingles are all recorded and played out using computers. Even office memo's arrive in the form of e-mail.

The only tangible media I use is production library CD's. Over 2000 of the things featuring all your favourite library music. I still haven't been able to find the old HTV Wales ident music that Ison sent me years ago, though. :cry:
User Removed
Sput

Jamez wrote:
Nick Harvey wrote:

Everything is digital now.
Where've you been living since 2000? In a chinese pipe?
Knight knight