TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

tightrope78

I kinda wish we couldn’t see certain users avatars! It’s very off putting.
Philip

Yeah I'm kind of 50/50 on avatars. Even though every other forum has them there was just something nice about TVF not having them, it looked less cluttered, especially since most people don't actually have one at the moment. And the animated GIF ones are really distracting. thegeek's avatar is clever though!
james2001

To be honest I even find the default letters quite irritating, which is why I changed mine to the blank head picture instead, seems a lot less distracting.
dosxuk

Likewise I didn't like the letters, so had to find something that would fit in a circle.

Animated avatars need to be ejected though. I wasn't surprised by who had the first animated one though.
bilky asko

dosxuk wrote: Sun 21 Jun, 2020 23.47 Likewise I didn't like the letters, so had to find something that would fit in a circle.

Animated avatars need to be ejected though. I wasn't surprised by who had the first animated one though.
I believe Mouseboy's was an animated one prior to the forum refresh.
james2001 wrote: Sun 21 Jun, 2020 23.21 To be honest I even find the default letters quite irritating, which is why I changed mine to the blank head picture instead, seems a lot less distracting.
Except yours now stands out as the only one with a blank profile picture!
james2001

There's a few other users with it, Steve In Pudsey does for example.

I still prefer it to the letters regardless even if it is only just me and a couple of others who use it.
Philip

bilky asko wrote: Sun 21 Jun, 2020 23.56
dosxuk wrote: Sun 21 Jun, 2020 23.47 Likewise I didn't like the letters, so had to find something that would fit in a circle.

I believe Mouseboy's was an animated one prior to the forum refresh.
Yes as a forum profile picture, which other than your user profile only really appeared in the forum topic lists I think?

It's slightly weird reading old threads now (which I do a lot of on TVF) because people who haven't posted in years, some over a decade, but used a Gravatar now have up-to-date photos of themselves next to their posts.
Pete

I've never been a fan of the letters in apps. Office 365 is particularly annoying when it tries to do initials of generic mailboxes.

Suffice to say things shall be staying the same over here... although apparently we can use gravatar now, that must be a new feature :/

Edit - apparently we've been able to use gravatar for two years. Can't enforce 16:9 tho afaik
"He has to be larger than bacon"
thegeek

Philip wrote: Sun 21 Jun, 2020 23.05 thegeek's avatar is clever though!
I wasn't sure if it was too subtle :)
james2001

Cobbles is driving me mad now. For someone who acts like an authority on Corrie, they didn't even know who's alive and who isn't in the show.
Andrew

james2001 wrote: Mon 22 Jun, 2020 19.57 Cobbles is driving me mad now. For someone who acts like an authority on Corrie, they didn't even know who's alive and who isn't in the show.
I was going to say the same thing, he is a tad annoying.

One thing about the internet these days is that people don’t read the room when they join forums, posting his every thought at great length might work on DS but it stands out on TVF