TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

DTV

According to my TV Forum homepage there are now -1 members.
barcode

After Ten days I went a looked, No surprises that thread got locked I have enough crap to deal without that adding to it. VMPhil is on the money with his latest post gold star.
robschneider

Whoops. Had my bottom smacked for calling Cityprick a twat.
rob

Not sure if DalekBChannel523 is being serious or taking the fucking piss...

http://tvforum.uk/forums/post998623#post-998623
Weekdays from 7am-10am on Andover Radio
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
Whataday

To anyone that thinks things have gone downhill, may I point you to this nugget I stumbled across recently:

http://tvforum.uk/tvhome/s-club-7-blue-peter-34090/
Alexia

Whataday wrote:To anyone that thinks things have gone downhill, may I point you to this nugget I stumbled across recently:

I actually see absolutely NOTHING wrong with that discussion at all. It's on topic - discussion about a pop group performance on a TV show, and the relative merits of miming vs performing live. There's cynicism about ratings, comments about microphones (which is still a valid topic nowadays) and you have to remember, TVForum in its nascent state was a lot different to how it is now re content and topics.

The discussion lasted one and a half pages, was done and dusted within 11 hours, and when everything that needed to be said had been said by those that wanted to say it, it was forgotten about and archived. None of these 50-page megathreads with endless penis fencing and microscopic pedantic quibbling. None of these repetitive threads that cover old ground in a slightly different set of semantics. And no mention of the bleddy Blue Peter presenter rota, their clothes, hairstyle or whether they were pregant or depressed or shagged out.

The difference between then and now is that back then is that while those of us that were around then were young, we weren't childish.
barcode

The net is very different to 15 years ago. Nearly everyone and their dogs has a computer and the internet, back in the day it was mainly computer type people or people who had a real interest, used it to its full protensoul. I remember getting one single class in my computer course about chat and forum etiquette, I have no idea if there still teach that to this day in the schools.

To be fair, Has the fun gone out of the forum? Or is it just the case the forum had to change to become more modern? When it comes to the forum; there are two types of post " Information " and "opinions", and maybe its the latter that causing all the trouble? I would say Im still old school and believe all details of pres should be covered. Nothing has been said about history or Lifetime new pres (I notified Edward about that) or BBC2 wales breakdown? or even yes new stings. Even then that seem to cause some trouble.

But I think there is something clearly wrong when grown adults start bitching on twitter like kids, about stuff, IF its causing them so much mental problem bugger off, don't read.
IdentFan2016

Alexia wrote:
Whataday wrote:To anyone that thinks things have gone downhill, may I point you to this nugget I stumbled across recently:

I actually see absolutely SOMETHING wrong with that discussion at all. It's on topic - discussion about a pop group performance on a TV show, and the relative merits of miming vs performing live. There's cynicism about ratings, comments about microphones (which is still a valid topic nowadays) and you have to remember, TVForum in its nascent state was a lot different to how it is now re content and topics.

The discussion lasted one and a half pages, was done and dusted within 11 hours, and when everything that needed to be said had been said by those that wanted to say it, it was forgotten about and archived. None of these 50-page megathreads with endless penis fencing and microscopic pedantic quibbling. None of these repetitive threads that cover old ground in a slightly different set of semantics. And no mention of the bleddy Blue Peter presenter rota, their clothes, hairstyle or whether they were pregant or depressed or shagged out.

The difference between then and now is that back then is that while those of us that were around then were young, we weren't childish.
:D
Sherlock Holmes
bilky asko

If nothing has been said, start a new thread.
barcode

bilky asko wrote:If nothing has been said, start a new thread.
I did that with this thread http://tvforum.uk/thenewsroom/eu-referendum-41506/ That did not go down well. Its like people are jumping the gun on to many occasions, and need to take a look. If repeat post in threads are mainly opinions then people have a point, when its pointing out information no matter what that may will be that when people seems to be misguided.
bilky asko

That got 5 pages of discussion. I'd say that's pretty good.

Just keep making new threads if they're relevant. If Asa bans you, just start up your own forum. Perhaps vtclooksforum.com