TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

james2001

Martin Phillp wrote:I thought Clarkson is a remain supporter? This despite his right-wing views and persona.
That news hasn't reached Schneiderland yet.

But then neither has the news that the 1970s are over.
bilky asko

I don't understand the hoo-haa. The show is still fronted (from the aerodrome) by two men, both guests were men, and the resident racing driver is a man. If anything, seeing as they were starting afresh, they could have done a lot more than just feature someone who had already been part of episodes in the previous incarnation and condescendingly refer to her as "Top Girl".

All it does is show how unprogressive the new show is and how sexist Rob Schneider is.
robschneider

james2001 wrote:
Martin Phillp wrote:I thought Clarkson is a remain supporter? This despite his right-wing views and persona.
That news hasn't reached Schneiderland yet.

But then neither has the news that the 1970s are over.
Then how the fuck am I using the Internet? What a lame put down.
woah

robschneider wrote:How is saying that I don't feel TG should have a woman presenter bannable? Should I be banned if I said the same about the lead trio of Summer Wine?

If I was allowed to get rid of people because I disagreed with their opinion there'd be precious few people left!

Whoever felt the need to do that, you are a Nazi.

The truth is, old TG was a show for the "silent majority." People like me who lots of people write off as dinosaurs. People who aren't afraid to hold right wing views despite that being considered a crime worthy of persecution these days. I drink beer, smoke fags, eat bacon and drive a van. I vote UKIP and am voting Leave. I'm a truly horrible person, I know.

The BBC have had a chance to bring the show into line with the BBC's political agenda and they've not held back. It's that that in my opinion is the real tragedy.
Having an opinion or point of view is fine - being offensive, prejudiced or downright unpleasant is not.

I'm not sure what any of your voting/consuming/driving habits have to do with that and I'm not sure who suggested they did other than you. Do you believe any of those things represent your offensive remarks?
Alexia

Ah there's nothing like the butthurt wailings of a bitchslapped kipper to brighten my evening.
james2001

woah wrote:
Having an opinion or point of view is fine - being offensive, prejudiced or downright unpleasant is not.

I'm not sure what any of your voting/consuming/driving habits have to do with that and I'm not sure who suggested they did other than you. Do you believe any of those things represent your offensive remarks?
I guess he feels his opinions are fine because he's in the "silent majority". Even though he's not.

If the majority are sexist, bigoted, smoking UKIPpers, then they're VERY silent about it.

If there's one thing I've learned about the "silent majority", it's that they're neither silent or the majority
Alexia

Silent majority are quite happy how things are thank you
james2001

Those damn women, it's almost as if they're being treated equallly to men these days. Outrage :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Philip

Oh how I wish there was a mute function.
Alexia

Here or there?
Philip

Alexia wrote:Here or there?
On TVF