TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

AlfieMulcahy

onetrickpony wrote: Fri 05 Mar, 2021 09.53 The new forum could have an Ofcom type system for those who break the rules. Complaint Upheld / Apology / Licence Revoked
Only on a TV Forum would you find something as brilliant and niche as a reference to a governing body complaints system.

That would be brilliant.
onetrickpony

rob wrote: Fri 05 Mar, 2021 10.47
onetrickpony wrote: Fri 05 Mar, 2021 09.53 The new forum could have an Ofcom type system for those who break the rules. Complaint Upheld / Apology / Licence Revoked
Now that's quite clever! Might pinch that. :)
Feel free 😛
noelfirl

Jonwo

This thread is many things but toxic isn't one of them.
Jason

I'm seeing a few posts in the closure thread with different quotes in people's signatures from 623058. Did some of them actually happen or are they just piss-takes?
Jason aka JasonB @TVF
barcode

Jason wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 11.43 I'm seeing a few posts in the closure thread with different quotes in people's signatures from 623058. Did some of them actually happen or are they just piss-takes?
They are real, My spelling was Legendary, or is that horrific?
DTV

I know that the accepted narrative has become that TVF had to close because of the toxicity that sprung up in the last 12 months, but, although I've usually enjoyed my time at TVF, there has always been an undercurrent of certain members who flout the rules or start arguments about things they know nothing about.

As I was largely away from the forum for about four years, I'm not sure whether there was some build up of awfulness between 2016 and late 2020, but one of the reasons I became disillusioned with TVF around 2016 was Studio E lightbox-gate where I was threatened with suspension for (correctly) pointing out that the lightboxes in Studio E could go colours other than red and white. I can't remember who I was arguing against, but they were very indignant that it was a fact that they had heard from the inside that they could only go red.

It wasn't the only incident - another included cityprod accussing me of being equivalent to a Birther for suggesting that an early-90s C4 Breakfast programme may have influenced the producers of The Day Today - but a general feeling of unreasonableness from certain sections of the forum put me off then and I wouldn't say that, since my return, I've personally noticed an uptick (although I have generally kept away from some of the repeat offender threads named on here).
ethanh05

DTV wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 15.10 I know that the accepted narrative has become that TVF had to close because of the toxicity that sprung up in the last 12 months, but, although I've usually enjoyed my time at TVF, there has always been an undercurrent of certain members who flout the rules or start arguments about things they know nothing about.

As I was largely away from the forum for about four years, I'm not sure whether there was some build up of awfulness between 2016 and late 2020, but one of the reasons I became disillusioned with TVF around 2016 was Studio E lightbox-gate where I was threatened with suspension for (correctly) pointing out that the lightboxes in Studio E could go colours other than red and white. I can't remember who I was arguing against, but they were very indignant that it was a fact that they had heard from the inside that they could only go red.

It wasn't the only incident - another included cityprod accussing me of being equivalent to a Birther for suggesting that an early-90s C4 Breakfast programme may have influenced the producers of The Day Today - but a general feeling of unreasonableness from certain sections of the forum put me off then and I wouldn't say that, since my return, I've personally noticed an uptick (although I have generally kept away from some of the repeat offender threads named on here).
That is TV Forum in a nutshell.
DVB Cornwall

Good Evening friendly people ......

I suspect I shall be around these parts a little more in the coming aeons (slight exaggertion).
Alexia

I've just been DM'd asking for instructions on how to access the secret forum.
Pete

Alexia wrote: Sat 06 Mar, 2021 21.11 I've just been DM'd asking for instructions on how to access the secret forum.
I mean honestly... how are you meant to do the secret handshake over DM?
"He has to be larger than bacon"