TV Forum Watch News and Information Board

JetixFann450

Is it just me or has Sh1ruba been really arrogant the past few posts?
Member of Pres Cafe who occasionally pops in and out.
all new Phil

Newsroom2018 wrote: Mon 07 Sep, 2020 09.24
Pete wrote: Wed 02 Sep, 2020 13.45 Sorry can someone fill in the blanks re BBCWorldNews and TheNewsroom? ta

Hi Pete, I was banned from the forum for the thread below. I've no remorse. I was called deceitful and Fake News over something I knew 100% to be correct. I just wasn't prepared to take that kind of abuse from someone who'd been a TVF for a few weeks.

Swallow it (meaning just accept it) but don't choke! Was tongue and cheek yet perceived as 'not very nice'.

James and I chat, he just got sick and tired of the same nonsense us people who've been using TVF for decades so he checked out. He's still on Twitter and posting interesting content.

Here's the thread. https://tvforum.uk/forums/post1255482#post-1255482
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you did come across as a bit of a cityprod in that thread.
thegeek

itsrobert wrote: Mon 07 Sep, 2020 16.52 I've decided to take a backseat over at TV Forum as well. I won't go into the background detail as to why I came to this decision but suffice it to say after 20 years of practically daily contributions, I don't feel particularly inclined to post at the moment. Maybe that will change, but I think for now, it's time for a break.
I know new looks always attract criticism, but the Sky News thread about their Millbank studio has got me down. Post after post of 'it's terrible' - when, objectively, it's not. It may not be to many people's taste, and it could perhaps be used more creatively, but it's a decent flexible studio space that's clearly had a fair bit of effort put into it. But no, two people could have done it in two days.

My gran always told me "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Might be a bit extreme, but it would be nice if some newer posters could at least be more constructive in their criticism.

Anyway it's a shame to see long-serving members being driven away. I hope you're not away for too long, Rob!
Newsroom2018

all new Phil wrote: Mon 07 Sep, 2020 20.17
Newsroom2018 wrote: Mon 07 Sep, 2020 09.24
Pete wrote: Wed 02 Sep, 2020 13.45 Sorry can someone fill in the blanks re BBCWorldNews and TheNewsroom? ta

Hi Pete, I was banned from the forum for the thread below. I've no remorse. I was called deceitful and Fake News over something I knew 100% to be correct. I just wasn't prepared to take that kind of abuse from someone who'd been a TVF for a few weeks.

Swallow it (meaning just accept it) but don't choke! Was tongue and cheek yet perceived as 'not very nice'.

James and I chat, he just got sick and tired of the same nonsense us people who've been using TVF for decades so he checked out. He's still on Twitter and posting interesting content.

Here's the thread. https://tvforum.uk/forums/post1255482#post-1255482
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you did come across as a bit of a cityprod in that thread.
I've got to ask you what is a 'cityprod'?
all new Phil

Cityprod is a poster over there who winds people up with his argumentative style. I agree with what you were saying, but you sounded like an arse.
Newsroom2018

all new Phil wrote: Tue 08 Sep, 2020 20.15 Cityprod is a poster over there who winds people up with his argumentative style. I agree with what you were saying, but you sounded like an arse.
LOL! I can take that comment quite happily. I think being super frustrated lead me to 'sounding like an arse'. ;-)

I still have read access and the same shenanigans continue.

I might start a FREE DIEDRE like campaign to get the ban lifted.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... es-5007265
Jovis

I’ve long suspected that Brekkie poses questions that he knows the answer to or doesn’t care about simply to increase his post count.
tightrope78

The faux outrage from certain posters every time restrictions are either tightened or loosened is starting to get on my nerves! It's just virtue signalling from certain people.
AJ

thegeek wrote: Tue 08 Sep, 2020 06.44 I know new looks always attract criticism, but the Sky News thread about their Millbank studio has got me down. Post after post of 'it's terrible' - when, objectively, it's not. It may not be to many people's taste, and it could perhaps be used more creatively, but it's a decent flexible studio space that's clearly had a fair bit of effort put into it. But no, two people could have done it in two days.

My gran always told me "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Might be a bit extreme, but it would be nice if some newer posters could at least be more constructive in their criticism.

Anyway it's a shame to see long-serving members being driven away. I hope you're not away for too long, Rob!
Exactly this. The people on there harking for the walking, talking, 4 presenter, whizzy graphics days every single day is getting beyond tedious. It's the same thing every single day pretty much, and there's very little that's constructive anymore.

I'm now very selective about what I post and when, and it's usually only when I absolutely know something to be wrong or at least mis-informed. But it's definitely not the place it was when I joined up 18 years ago, or even 5-6 years ago.

Maybe it is an age thing.
all new Phil

thegeek wrote: Tue 08 Sep, 2020 06.44
itsrobert wrote: Mon 07 Sep, 2020 16.52 I've decided to take a backseat over at TV Forum as well. I won't go into the background detail as to why I came to this decision but suffice it to say after 20 years of practically daily contributions, I don't feel particularly inclined to post at the moment. Maybe that will change, but I think for now, it's time for a break.
I know new looks always attract criticism, but the Sky News thread about their Millbank studio has got me down. Post after post of 'it's terrible' - when, objectively, it's not. It may not be to many people's taste, and it could perhaps be used more creatively, but it's a decent flexible studio space that's clearly had a fair bit of effort put into it. But no, two people could have done it in two days.

I don’t care enough to check if it’s the same people, but the Sky pres thread is equally soul destroying right now. The Sky Sports logo is the worst thing ever and they’ve made a hash of introducing it apparently.
onetrickpony

Well I do hope the influx of new contributors on TVForum do learn from any mistakes they may make when posting on the forum. I look back on some of the things I would post in horror.